+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refusal (Please help)

amir2552

Sep 13, 2020
I am currently working in Quebec with a close work permit, which its expiry date is more than a year from now.

I have applied for PR under CEC and got my AOR.
I have recently applied for a BOWP to move to another province than Quebec and I explained completely what I am applying for this permit.
Today, I received a refusal letter and the officer refused my request because my CWP will expire more than a year.
I cannot work with the CWP and I really don't know how I can solve this problem?

Can I raise a webform and describe everything for the officer again?

Please help me with this problem.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently working in Quebec with a close work permit, which its expiry date is more than a year from now.

I have applied for PR under CEC and got my AOR.
I have recently applied for a BOWP to move to another province than Quebec and I explained completely what I am applying for this permit.
Today, I received a refusal letter and the officer refused my request because my CWP will expire more than a year.
I cannot work with the CWP and I really don't know how I can solve this problem?

Can I raise a webform and describe everything for the officer again?

Please help me with this problem.
I'm not sure that an explanation will change the decision. You only qualify for a BOWP once your current work permit is expiring within four months. If your current WP is still valid for a year, then you don't meet the requirements to apply for a BOWP.

There's certainly no harm in sending the web form. However I think the explanation is unlikely to change the officer's decision.

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
You can’t apply for a BOWP because your current work permit MUST expire within one month. You need to change the conditions of your CURRENT cwp or apply for a NEW work permit with a NEW job offer in the other province

amir2552

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you all for your reply.
I am really confused.
I want to work for another employer but I can't get an open work permit?
If I am not eligible to get BOWP, is there any other way to get an OWP to work?

amir2552

Sep 13, 2020
I'm not sure that an explanation will change the decision. You only qualify for a BOWP once your current work permit is expiring within four months. If your current WP is still valid for a year, then you don't meet the requirements to apply for a BOWP.

There's certainly no harm in sending the web form. However I think the explanation is unlikely to change the officer's decision.
Thank you for your reply.
Do I have any other way to get an OWP and work for another employer?
Practically, getting a new job offer and applying for another CWP is super difficult and time consuming.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply.
Do I have any other way to get an OWP and work for another employer?
Practically, getting a new job offer and applying for another CWP is super difficult and time consuming.
I don't think there is any way for you to get an OWP.

You will need to find an employer outside of Quebec who will give you a job offer and support a new closed work permit.