+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refusal due to "Failed to provide medicals by due date"

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Anyone here who experienced refusal of work permit application due to "Failed to provide medicals by due date" but medicals done within the given prescribed time.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Anyone here who experienced refusal of work permit application due to "Failed to provide medicals by due date" but medicals done within the given prescribed time.
Appeal it. Contact your medical panel. Did they gave you paperwork with barcode on it, a kind of like e-receipt. If not get it.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Appeal it. Contact your medical panel. Did they gave you paperwork with barcode on it, a kind of like e-receipt. If not get it.
I have the EMedical copy. I sent it already to my representative and he said he will request for reconsideration, and that maybe the officer reviewing my file didn't look for the results of my medical. Actually my medical request will expire on January 18 (30th day from request). I had my medical on January 8 and was submitted to IRCC the EMedical on January 17 and I got the refusal on January 18. Is it possible that the officer didn't just notice my EMedical copies and assumed that I didn't comply within the prescribed time?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have the EMedical copy. I sent it already to my representative and he said he will request for reconsideration, and that maybe the officer reviewing my file didn't look for the results of my medical. Actually my medical request will expire on January 18 (30th day from request). I had my medical on January 8 and was submitted to IRCC the EMedical on January 17 and I got the refusal on January 18. Is it possible that the officer didn't just notice my EMedical copies and assumed that I didn't comply within the prescribed time?
Yes it can be.
Above it, are you sure the representative send it??
How come just the next day refusal, could be a mistake by officer or representative.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Yes it can be.
Above it, are you sure the representative send it??
How come just the next day refusal, could be a mistake by officer or representative.
The results were sent to Ircc by the clinic where I did my medicals. My agent sent request for reconsideration to review my file. Do you have any idea how long Ircc responds to appeals?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
The results were sent to Ircc by the clinic where I did my medicals. My agent sent request for reconsideration to review my file. Do you have any idea how long Ircc responds to appeals?
No idea but these days it is taking a while. I got my eCoPR in a week but these days it is going on for 15 days to a month, so you can imagine.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Do you think Ircc can recossider my application if it is the only ground for refusal? I'm so worried, confused and so stressed out about this refusal.
Technically yes, practically no idea. They should consider it if done in given time period. Hope it would be the fault of medical panel or the officer involved.

Reactions: angelica6290