+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Time

Ashish192919

May 13, 2020
Hi, My work permit application was submitted in Feb 2020, can someone advise how long does it usually take as on cic it is showing only 8 weeks and it has been much longer than that. I have applied for it online from New Zealand and have completed biometrics and medical in Feb only. If someone can please advise. Thanks in advance

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi, My work permit application was submitted in Feb 2020, can someone advise how long does it usually take as on cic it is showing only 8 weeks and it has been much longer than that. I have applied for it online from New Zealand and have completed biometrics and medical in Feb only. If someone can please advise. Thanks in advance
Hi did you receive Biometric correspondence letter?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I

Once the application was submitted got the letter within 2 days
Sorry I meant Biometric validity correspondence letter once you are done with your Biometric.

O_cool

May 15, 2020
No news?

I applied from Mexico on Feb 18th and submitted the biometrics on March the 2nd but the haven´t answered

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
No news?

I applied from Mexico on Feb 18th and submitted the biometrics on March the 2nd but the haven´t answered
I have the feeling that despite ircc saying work permits are being processed slowly, they may only be processing outland work permits for essential workers only. Maybe to keep people from complaining too much. Hopefully if some restrictions get lifted in June the logjam will get cleared. Or maybe they just wait until your local vfs office reopens — I suppose that reduces the risk of bringing coronavirus into Canada.

Reactions: Ashish192919

Ashish192919

May 13, 2020
I have the feeling that despite ircc saying work permits are being processed slowly, they may only be processing outland work permits for essential workers only. Maybe to keep people from complaining too much. Hopefully if some restrictions get lifted in June the logjam will get cleared. Or maybe they just wait until your local vfs office reopens — I suppose that reduces the risk of bringing coronavirus into Canada.
No news?

No news bro they have advised that they are currently only working on essential services and there will be delays in processing outland work permit applications.

Ashish192919

May 13, 2020
Yea thats what they are doing! Hopefully we all will get some good news soon

O_cool

May 15, 2020
No news bro they have advised that they are currently only working on essential services and there will be delays in processing outland work permit applications.
I have the same feeling because a friend of mine applied 4 days before me and got his permit within the time frame ( the day before they closed the border). Even if they were working with less people, I was too "close" to the a decision to wait 2 extra months so far.