+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit process under SUV

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
@totti2007 - Where exactly did you change the work permit category? I don't see this option anywhere in the "come to canada" wizard. Please help if you can - I've been struggling with this for weeks now. :/
follow the instruction in this link, you would end up with IMP or foreign worker (no difference). click on determine your eligibility and fill it exactly based on instruction. hope it would help

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
If I follow these instructions exactly, the end state is them asking for a bunch of documents not relevant to SUV. Instead I changed the answer to the following question - "What type of work permit do you want to apply for?"

Instead of answering - "A work permit with Labour Market Impact Assessment exemption", I chose "A work permit for an entrepreneur or self-employed person".
Screenshot - https://ibb.co/8gJcKNT

This took me to this final state - https://ibb.co/Dtf6mkP

I'm assuming this is the correct final state. Can someone confirm?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
If I follow these instructions exactly, the end state is them asking for a bunch of documents not relevant to SUV. Instead I changed the answer to the following question - "What type of work permit do you want to apply for?"

Instead of answering - "A work permit with Labour Market Impact Assessment exemption", I chose "A work permit for an entrepreneur or self-employed person".
Screenshot - https://ibb.co/8gJcKNT

This took me to this final state - https://ibb.co/Dtf6mkP

I'm assuming this is the correct final state. Can someone confirm?
I can not confirm this. Because according to CIC the startup work permit is a kind of international mobility program (IMP) which is code c10 and is different from self employed which is under owner operator program code c11.
I know the documents seem irrelevant but they are similar to the additional documents you should provide anyway according to the “work permit outside canada“ documents checklist and your visa office requirements which you should fulfill them too. It is a bit complicated, I know. An applicant I know and got the WP has provided some such as “reference letters“

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello,

Do you know that Ghost Update will happen once your application passes one step and entering to a new step OR it will happen once someone opens your file?

I don’t believe GU will happen once someone opens a profile.

Actually, I received the second GU on min and my dependents (Spouse and Children) on Aug 17th and still waiting.

Thanks!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
I changed the work permit category to "self employment/entrepreneur"
On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman

mianomershah

Nov 23, 2022
hi there, we want to submit our work permit application under startup visa program and we have received the forms and packages from ircc.
we are confused in some fields please help us to complete it. it seems their form is about job offer and we don't have any job offer we are startup!

for example:

** Employment Reference Letter:
You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.

** Letter from Current Employer
You must provide a letter from your current employer or proof of annotated pay stubs from your employer. This is used to confirm the details of your financial profile Financial profile details include your job status (full-time or part-time), how long you have worked for the company, your occupation, etc.

**Employment Contract
You must submit a written employment contract with details of your job and the conditions of your employment. To ensure there is a fair working arrangement between you and your employer, an employment contract must show that the requirements of the immigration program you are applying for are met in the agreement.
The contract should outline mandatory employer-paid benefits, including: job duties for each job

** Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.

Please help me if you had any related experience.

thank you

A75 :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/work-permits-start-business-class-permanent-resident-visa-applicants.html#port_of_entry

C10: (It says select significant benefits so the C 10 auto populates)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#3.0

IRCC is confused as hell themselves

bezzad

Aug 16, 2016
On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman
Hi Iman,
I am sorry that your WP got rejected because of the misinformation provided by CIC. Recently we received our LOS and we are in the process of submitting the required forms. What would you suggest about the LMIA code in the IMM5802 form?
Based on the information provided on this page, we have to choose ‘Significant Benefit – R205(a) ’ (Box 22 will populate automatically).
But based on recent results as well as yours, it causes request refusal.
What would you suggest?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Behzad

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi Iman,
I am sorry that your WP got rejected because of the misinformation provided by CIC. Recently we received our LOS and we are in the process of submitting the required forms. What would you suggest about the LMIA code in the IMM5802 form?
Based on the information provided on this page, we have to choose ‘Significant Benefit – R205(a) ’ (Box 22 will populate automatically).
What would you suggest?
Behzad
select "startup business class PR....." which allocates A75 automatically

Reactions: bezzad

mianomershah

Nov 23, 2022
Hi Iman,
What would you suggest?
Behzad

There are multiple factors that can lead to refusal of a work permit itself. Even if the selected code was wrong the visa officer will try to assess it on A75 creteria, and then read it with section 205(a) to establish if the presence of the person in Canada will bring significant benefits or not. Case law shows that alot of evidence should be provided to the VO for them to make an informed decision. So code itself is not the problem.

mianomershah

Nov 23, 2022
There are multiple factors that can lead to refusal of a work permit itself. Even if the selected code was wrong the visa officer will try to assess it on A75 creteria, and then read it with section 205(a) to establish if the presence of the person in Canada will bring significant benefits or not. Case law shows that alot of evidence should be provided to the VO for them to make an informed decision. So code itself is not the problem.

Also apply for GCMS notes and do share with us also what was the internal concern of the VO

face22

Mar 26, 2017

Thanks in advance!
Iman

Hi Iman,

Did you reapply? What is your situation now?