+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit process time under in canada spouse sponsorship

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Sir/madam,

I am currently in visitor visa in Canada and I have applied for PR and work permit under Spouse Sponsorship within Canada on Jan 22nd, 2019. I have completed my Medical Examination on March 25th, 2019. I am still waiting for Work Permit to be approved.

My visitor visa status will be expired on May 20th, 2019.

1. When Should I expect Work Permit to be approved ?

2. Should I apply for visitor visa extension in case if I don't get my work permit before May 20th, 2019 ?

3. If I should apply for visitor visa extension, what should be procedure for it ?

4. Should I contact CIC directy by calling them and ask for updates on my work permit file ?

Thanks in advance for answering all my questions. I really appreciate and trust your service.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhishek Bhoraniya

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi
Hello Sir/madam,

I am currently in visitor visa in Canada and I have applied for PR and work permit under Spouse Sponsorship within Canada on Jan 22nd, 2019. I have completed my Medical Examination on March 25th, 2019. I am still waiting for Work Permit to be approved.

My visitor visa status will be expired on May 20th, 2019.

1. When Should I expect Work Permit to be approved ?

2. Should I apply for visitor visa extension in case if I don't get my work permit before May 20th, 2019 ?

3. If I should apply for visitor visa extension, what should be procedure for it ?

4. Should I contact CIC directy by calling them and ask for updates on my work permit file ?

Thanks in advance for answering all my questions. I really appreciate and trust your service.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhishek Bhoraniya
Hi! Have you received AOR yet? The standard processing time for the work permit is 4-5 months, however recently they have been issuing them very quickly. We applied March 5, and got OWP approved April 18. You could try to call, but they will probably tell you to keep waiting because you are within standard processing times, even though most applicants have gotten approval within 2 months since the beginning of the year. It just comes down to luck unfortunately :(.
If you don’t hear about your OWP within the next week or so, I would apply for an extension of your status, because in the case that the OWP could be denied, that would leave you out of status. You can find all the information on how to apply to extend your stay, but I would try to call IRCC first to see if you can get any information about your case.

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I got email for application number and UCI number in first week of February. Is it AOR ?
Yes this is AOR. It stands for acknowledgement of receipt which means your application package was not missing anything and will not be sent back. You can use the application number to link to your gckey account if you do not have a representative, have you done this? This is how you see updates on your application.

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Did you applied under spouse sponsorship within canada category ? Did you have other than visitor status in canada while you applied ?
I am the sponsor but yes we did apply inland and spousal. He was on a visitor status when we applied, but not with a visitor visa, he is from a visa exempt country so he was able to enter Canadá with just an eTa.

Jan 2, 2019
I am the sponsor but yes we did apply inland and spousal. He was on a visitor status when we applied, but not with a visitor visa, he is from a visa exempt country so he was able to enter Canadá with just an eTa.

When I tried to link on GC key, it was showing me that no such file is available. What should I do in such case ?

Jan 2, 2019

I just tried again to link application but it still showing me that "There is no such application available". Can you please help me to link application ?