Work permit process after PPR

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happen if CIC give you PPR before begin with a paper work permit submission? They give your money back for the work permit or what?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
macast said:
What happen if CIC give you PPR before begin with a paper work permit submission? They give your money back for the work permit or what?
It depends how far along you are in the work permit process. If CIC hasn't started process your application - then you may get your money back.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
macast said:
My partner and I submitted applications to renew his student status and my open work permit in June (they expired at the end of August 2015) while our PR application was being considered. He got his new student visa in August, but my work permit was (is) still in process as there is a backlog. We landed as PRs on September 18, with me on implied status. While going through the landing process, I asked what I should do about the work permit, and they told me to call CIC. On the third call I got through, and they emailed me a form to withdraw my application for the work permit. I filled it in and sent it back - it was basically a CSE. On the phone they told me that it was possible that no one would address my request until my work permit came up for review - probably in the middle of October. They also said that if my withdrawal request was approved, I would get my $255 back, which was good news.

The CBSA agent took away my partner's brand new student visa at the border when we landed. Oh well.....

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
I have recently got my wp application withdrawn, would my money be refunded?

nothing is mentioned in the withdrawal letter