+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit on Landing

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I have a friend who is coming first time to Canada on an Open Work Visa. Her visa stamp validity is Dec 2023. However, her husband's PGWP expires next year (2024, Oct). So her question is, if she gets her work permit at the landing airport as per her visa expiry stamp or her husband's work permit year.?

Also, if she needs to extend her work permit. What are the steps?.

Thanks!

Reactions: mahaz

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi,

I have a friend who is coming first time to Canada on an Open Work Visa. Her visa stamp validity is Dec 2023. However, her husband's PGWP expires next year (2024, Oct). So her question is, if she gets her work permit at the landing airport as per her visa expiry stamp or her husband's work permit year.?

Thanks!
Yes, she will get validity of work permit until her husband has it.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Yes, she will get validity of work permit until her husband has it.
Thank you !!. Are you sure that her permit validity will depend on her spouse's work permit and not her visa?. The reason I am asking is we checked with an immigration agent and he told she will get the expiry dates as per visa dates in her passport. The correct answer will make all the changes as my friend might not invite her if she can come only for 4 months.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Thank you !!. Are you sure that her permit validity will depend on her spouse's work permit and not her visa?. The reason I am asking is we checked with an immigration agent and he told she will get the expiry dates as per visa dates in her passport. The correct answer will make all the changes as my friend might not invite her if she can come only for 4 months.
As far as I know she should get according to her husband but immigration agents knows better than me but please check with an other immigration agent to make sure.

Reactions: manp1988

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!
She will have to apply to extend her WP to coincide with her spouse’s expiry date. When she enters Canada she will only get a WP until December 2023

mahaz

Jul 9, 2023
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi!

I am from Pakistan

I need work visa for canada can u send me visa