+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit never delivered now asking for re-issue 2024

helpneeded22

Feb 15, 2024
I applied for my work permit last year which was supposed to be delivered by December 2023 and has not been yet .
So i applied for the copy of the document by fillling 5009 form and paid 30 CAD .
There has been no acknowledgment from IRCC of receiving it , though I tracked my parcel and could see that it has been delivered .
It was delivered last week and since then I have been trying to contact IRCCon their number but they say that "queue is full and retry calling " .
Is there anyway I can track that application ?
Also how long does it take to get the copy ?

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
I applied for my work permit last year which was supposed to be delivered by December 2023 and has not been yet .
So i applied for the copy of the document by fillling 5009 form and paid 30 CAD .
There has been no acknowledgment from IRCC of receiving it , though I tracked my parcel and could see that it has been delivered .
It was delivered last week and since then I have been trying to contact IRCCon their number but they say that "queue is full and retry calling " .
Is there anyway I can track that application ?
Also how long does it take to get the copy ?
My husband got his copy within 1 month at new address
And also, if you are calling IRCC I would suggest you to try at least 5-6 times, I got the answer with the 6th time of calling. Try to call either in morning around 8 or in afternoon around 2. That worked for me, I hope it work for you as well.

Reactions: helpneeded22

helpneeded22

Feb 15, 2024
My husband got his copy within 1 month at new address
And also, if you are calling IRCC I would suggest you to try at least 5-6 times, I got the answer with the 6th time of calling. Try to call either in morning around 8 or in afternoon around 2. That worked for me, I hope it work for you as well.

Hi Anushaja,

Thank you so much . Is there any other way to monitor the request apart from calling them ?