+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - Medical issue

manoj1986

Jun 26, 2021
Hi,

I need help on below.

My company applied for my closed work permit for Canada. I went for upfront medical test. After I submitted my application, I got an mail from Regional Medical office, High commission of Canada asking me to visit the medical examination centre again and see the doctor.

I went and Came to know, my lymph node near lungs has swelling and hence they want my sputum test to rull out TB. If TB is ruled out then they will have to mention the reason why the lymph node is swelling and they will send the report to Regional Medical office, High commission of Canada.

I went 3 days early morning and gave my Sputum sample. They said it takes minimum 6 weeks to know if TB is there or not.

Mean time, out of panic I meet my family doctor. He did x-ray and we saw the swelling lymph node. Then we did CT scan and we see the swelling in lymph node. He said it can be either of

A. TB
B. Sarcoidsis
C. Cancer

I was super panic and first we did TB tests (mentors, quantum gold genXpert) and all TB tests came negative.

Then my family doctor did Lungs biopsy. Cancer and Sarcoidsis came negative.

Then my family doctor did Fongul infection test. It came negative.

My family doctor is saying that it might be the case where long back due to some infection the lymph node swelled but it didn't come back to its original state and it is very much possible and nothing to worry about it.

I got a big relief.

Coming to VISA medical team, The visa medical team is currently doing Sputum culture test for TB which is going to take 6 weeks and I know it is going to be negative. Then they will do another xray to see if the swelling in lymph nodes is still there or not and they will find the swelling is still there.

My question is, will the Panel physician consider my all reports (biopsy CT scan etc.) Or they will do it again?

I just don't want to undergo the pain of biopsy again.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I need help on below.

My company applied for my closed work permit for Canada. I went for upfront medical test. After I submitted my application, I got an mail from Regional Medical office, High commission of Canada asking me to visit the medical examination centre again and see the doctor.

I went and Came to know, my lymph node near lungs has swelling and hence they want my sputum test to rull out TB. If TB is ruled out then they will have to mention the reason why the lymph node is swelling and they will send the report to Regional Medical office, High commission of Canada.

I went 3 days early morning and gave my Sputum sample. They said it takes minimum 6 weeks to know if TB is there or not.

Mean time, out of panic I meet my family doctor. He did x-ray and we saw the swelling lymph node. Then we did CT scan and we see the swelling in lymph node. He said it can be either of

A. TB
B. Sarcoidsis
C. Cancer

I was super panic and first we did TB tests (mentors, quantum gold genXpert) and all TB tests came negative.

Then my family doctor did Lungs biopsy. Cancer and Sarcoidsis came negative.

Then my family doctor did Fongul infection test. It came negative.

My family doctor is saying that it might be the case where long back due to some infection the lymph node swelled but it didn't come back to its original state and it is very much possible and nothing to worry about it.

I got a big relief.

Coming to VISA medical team, The visa medical team is currently doing Sputum culture test for TB which is going to take 6 weeks and I know it is going to be negative. Then they will do another xray to see if the swelling in lymph nodes is still there or not and they will find the swelling is still there.

My question is, will the Panel physician consider my all reports (biopsy CT scan etc.) Or they will do it again?

I just don't want to undergo the pain of biopsy again.

Please help me on this.

Thanks
Generally speaking, the panel physician and IRCC will only considered the results they ordered. So it's possible you may have to do certain test again.

Reactions: manoj1986

manoj1986

Jun 26, 2021
Generally speaking, the panel physician and IRCC will only considered the results they ordered. So it's possible you may have to do certain test again.
I see. It makes sense. They might be doing this to avoid frauds etc. Anyways this brings an end to my Canadian dream. I am not going to do any other biopsy just to move to Canada. :(

Thanks for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see. It makes sense. They might be doing this to avoid frauds etc. Anyways this brings an end to my Canadian dream. I am not going to do any other biopsy just to move to Canada. :(

Thanks for your help.
I wouldn't quit just yet. See what the results of the test are and then what further tests IRCC requests. If they ask for a biopsy, try to use the results your own doctor did.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks for your help.
If you are asked for subsequent testing there is no harm showing proof that you proactively went and did a lot of further testing. Make sure to keep all your records and get copies of your imaging.