+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit issue

YashVolcanic

Apr 19, 2021
Hello guys,
I have a 30 credit course which I’ve completed in jan 2020, and then for some personal reasons I came back india and I didn’t take work permit, so I wanted to ask if I do one more 30 credit course which would be 60 credits,
Will I get 3 years work permit?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,
I have a 30 credit course which I’ve completed in jan 2020, and then for some personal reasons I came back india and I didn’t take work permit, so I wanted to ask if I do one more 30 credit course which would be 60 credits,
Will I get 3 years work permit?
What was the requirement for completion your program? How many credits required. Kinda confused when you said “ you did not take work permit after completing 30cr, what do you mean by that?

YashVolcanic

Apr 19, 2021
Hello ,
Requirement was to complete 30cr and I did complete it and I did not take work permit after completing my course for 1 year because I had some family problems back in india going on, now I’m again trying to apply for a course which is of 30cr, so my question was will I get 3 years work permit despite the gap of couple of months!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello ,
Requirement was to complete 30cr and I did complete it and I did not take work permit after completing my course for 1 year because I had some family problems back in india going on, now I’m again trying to apply for a course which is of 30cr, so my question was will I get 3 years work permit despite the gap of couple of months!
You had 180days to apply for pgwp after end of your study, if time lapsed then you wont. Applying for another course which is 30cr is a separate application and cannot be a continuation with the one you completed in tha past. So you are not eligible for 3yrs pgwp. I assume your study permit is still valid to cover validity of another program you are going to apply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
When did you graduate from the first program? When does your new program start? Are you in Canada?

YashVolcanic

Apr 19, 2021
hello, I graduated in jan 2021 and I haven’t enrolled for a new course And right now I am in india, my visa is expired so is my study permit