+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit (GTS-LMIA) application processing timeline

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
Hello Friends,

My employer submitted WP application for GTS LMIA on 8/12. I am working in USA and didn’t travel outside USA in last 6 months. I hold a Canadian visitor visa and my family doesn’t have any Canadian visa.

Do we need to provide bio-metrics and medical test?

Does CIC process application in 2 weeks?

How do I track/check the status when my employer submitted the application on behalf of me?

Thanks in advance.

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
Just in case someone is also in same situation, I received bio metrics letter. USCIS center showing appointments only after 14 days.

So I took the appointment earliest available and walk-in to the center.

USCIS center staff kind enough to let me provide the bio metrics. Now I am waiting for passport request letter.

Jack2019

Sep 4, 2019
Hello friend,

I have the same situation. May I know if you have got the work permit yet?

Thank you very much.

Jack2019

Sep 4, 2019
Just in case someone is also in same situation, I received bio metrics letter. USCIS center showing appointments only after 14 days.

So I took the appointment earliest available and walk-in to the center.

USCIS center staff kind enough to let me provide the bio metrics. Now I am waiting for passport request letter.
May I know if you have got your work permit yet? Thank you very much.

Jack2019

Sep 4, 2019
Yes, I did in less than 2 weeks.
May I know your nationality? I haven’t got my decision yet. I don’t know if nationality will make a difference because of the background check might be different. I am chinese.

Did they ask you any further documents? They asked me for form 5257.

Thank you very much.

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
I don’t think nationality makes any difference.

I am from India living in USA. no documents asked from me. My attorney took care of documentation.

Jms_16

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
I don’t think nationality makes any difference.

I am from India living in USA. no documents asked from me. My attorney took care of documentation.
Your post came as big relief. We are also applying under GTS and was worried about processing time. We received the LMIA and immigration lawyer r handling our case. Do we need medicals for main applicant and spouse?