+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for TRV Holder.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello All,
I have a question. I have a friend who is in Canada as a visitor. But a Canadian company want to give him a job offer as a contractor if he has his own vehicle.
Will securing a delivery job on contract for a long haul enable him to obtain a work permit?

Second question:
I am just supporting my niece to apply for her student permit after securing a 1 year HR program with one of the institutions in Ontario.
She's currently a full time housewife, but the husband is financially stable as an independent contractor. And he will be 100% financially responsible to support his wife for the one year program. Please I need help with the documents he (Husband) should submit to support the application.
Already, he has written a letter for full financial support for his wife, Submitted his company bank account statement.
Are there other documents he should submit to support the application for his wife? He has already paid the full 1 year tuition fee complete in advance to the school.
Again! Must the wife also submit her bank account statement? Not much is in the account.

Thanks for the help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,
I have a question. I have a friend who is in Canada as a visitor. But a Canadian company want to give him a job offer as a contractor if he has his own vehicle.
Will securing a delivery job on contract for a long haul enable him to obtain a work permit?

Second question:
I am just supporting my niece to apply for her student permit after securing a 1 year HR program with one of the institutions in Ontario.
She's currently a full time housewife, but the husband is financially stable as an independent contractor. And he will be 100% financially responsible to support his wife for the one year program. Please I need help with the documents he (Husband) should submit to support the application.
Already, he has written a letter for full financial support for his wife, Submitted his company bank account statement.
Are there other documents he should submit to support the application for his wife? He has already paid the full 1 year tuition fee complete in advance to the school.
Again! Must the wife also submit her bank account statement? Not much is in the account.

Thanks for the help.
1st question - does your friend have an approved LMIA from the employer? A job offer is of no benefit without the approved LMIA. The employer must pay $1k and file a LMIA completing all the paperwork and market studies to show that no Canadian or PR could be hired. The job must be full-time and permanent.

2nd - The husband can provide all his bank accounts in support of wife.

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
1st question - does your friend have an approved LMIA from the employer? A job offer is of no benefit without the approved LMIA. The employer must pay $1k and file a LMIA completing all the paperwork and market studies to show that no Canadian or PR could be hired. The job must be full-time and permanent.

2nd - The husband can provide all his bank accounts in support of wife.
Awesome. Thanks for the prompt response. So her husband's company's registration certificate, Article of memorandum from Corporate Affairs, landed property documents company Corporate tax are not necessary? Someone said I should include all that. And I said NO. Hence, I decided to post the question in this forum.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Awesome. Thanks for the prompt response. So her husband's company's registration certificate, Article of memorandum from Corporate Affairs, landed property documents company Corporate tax are not necessary? Someone said I should include all that. And I said NO. Hence, I decided to post the question in this forum.
Funds for studies are personal bank accounts and liquid funds not business accounts. It isn’t her business.

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Funds for studies are personal bank accounts and liquid funds not business accounts. It isn’t her business.
Oh you mean the funds must be in applicants (Wife) personal bank account, not in her husband's corporate account?
Which if it's in the husband's personal chequing account ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh you mean the funds must be in applicants (Wife) personal bank account, not in her husband's corporate account?
Which if it's in the husband's personal chequing account ?
Can be either the husband or wife’s personal accounts, not corporate.