+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for Teacher

Jason15

Oct 13, 2021
I got a job offer letter from a school in British Columbia. How I can apply for a work visa?

( 1: I don't have recent work experience in the last 4 years, But before that, I have 6 years of teaching experience
2: I am not eligible for express entry because my IELTS score is 5.)

Can someone please suggest to me what options I have?

Thank you.

Oct 11, 2021
Vancouver, BC
In most cases, the employer must send you the job offer and a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number or the offer of employment number.
Once you have one of these numbers, you can apply to get, extend or modify a work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a job offer letter from a school in British Columbia. How I can apply for a work visa?

( 1: I don't have recent work experience in the last 4 years, But before that, I have 6 years of teaching experience

Thank you.
Your employer needs to apply for a LMIA and prove that no Canadian or PR can do the job. The employer pays $1k and fills the paperwork and waits. Then if positive you apply for a closed work permit. The process is long. For the position, do you have to be licensed to work in BC as a teacher.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you.
As said above, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Have they done that? That's the first step. Without an LMIA, the job offer is worthless.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you.
Would also rewrite IELTS. With such a low score there will be concerns about your ability to be a teacher.