+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extention

Quayehayford

Nov 4, 2018
I came to canada last year and i only have a few months for my work permit to expire,and i want to apply for work permit extention....and i wanted to know,after i extend it for the first time and it expires ,do i have another chance to apply for work permit extension again? Or for how many times can one extend his or her work permit upon expired?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I came to canada last year and i only have a few months for my work permit to expire,and i want to apply for work permit extention....and i wanted to know,after i extend it for the first time and it expires ,do i have another chance to apply for work permit extension again? Or for how many times can one extend his or her work permit upon expired?
How was your work permit issued? On what grounds do you think you qualify for an extension?

Akhil Subhash

Dec 15, 2023
Hello, I'm facing a dilemma with my current situation. My 3-year PGWP expires in April 2024, and a recent announcement states there won’t be any extensions. Do you believe I can extend my work permit by crossing the St. Stephen border? Unfortunately, I'm not receiving job offers in NB due to having only 3 months left on my work permit. Can I pursue this option at the border?"

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I'm facing a dilemma with my current situation. My 3-year PGWP expires in April 2024, and a recent announcement states there won’t be any extensions. Do you believe I can extend my work permit by crossing the St. Stephen border? Unfortunately, I'm not receiving job offers in NB due to having only 3 months left on my work permit. Can I pursue this option at the border?"
No. You cannot extend your PGWP. Going to the border will not help you. They cannot extend it.