+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension

drrakeshdent

Jul 10, 2019
My wife came to Canada in May 2022 on the base of study permit. Then I came to Canada in December 2022 on the base of SOWP. In January 2024, after we received her transcript, we applied for PGWP and it was processed in 18 days and it is for 3 years. Then we applied for my work permit extension for 3 years. It has been 2 months since we applied, we haven't heard back from CIC regarding my application. Can I request for someone to share what is the current processing time for work permit extension?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife came to Canada in May 2022 on the base of study permit. Then I came to Canada in December 2022 on the base of SOWP. In January 2024, after we received her transcript, we applied for PGWP and it was processed in 18 days and it is for 3 years. Then we applied for my work permit extension for 3 years. It has been 2 months since we applied, we haven't heard back from CIC regarding my application. Can I request for someone to share what is the current processing time for work permit extension?
Did your work permit expire? Did she apply with a job and 3 paystubs? Processing can be 4-6 months.

drrakeshdent

Jul 10, 2019
Did your work permit expire? Did she apply with a job and 3 paystubs? Processing can be 4-6 months.
Thanks for the reply. Yes My wife have got a NOC B job and we added employment letter and 3 paystubs along with my application. My first SOWP will expire on 30th April, 2024. However I have received the correspondence letter after application that I can work on the applied status for 6 months till.

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
I have applied for SOWP extension in November. Still waiting for the decision.