+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Hi All, My employee have applied for my work permit extension on July 4th, 2022 and I got an approval email but not the hard copy. I want to travel to India in Jan. Can anybody suggest what are the next steps in order to step out of country and get back hassle free.
Apply for a trv if you don't have one.

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
1. How to apply and
2. what are the required documents, is the hard copy of work permit needed to apply try or visa
2. How long it takes to receive an try/ visa?
1.Come to Canada tool, say work and answer questions. Finally checklist will be generated. You apply for TRV.
2.Answered above.
3.processing time is 24 days online(visit visa inside canada) and yes you need hard copy. I would call ircc and ask if they are ok with approval letter.

Pooja Panwar

Jun 9, 2022
Thanks a lot, that’s a lot of clarity, one more thing what is canada tool you mean ircc website? And which number you use to contact ircc, I have been trying to call them but no answer, the call never gets through.

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Reactions: Pooja Panwar

Ronkizle98

Nov 5, 2021
Good day, I need some help please. Last year 2021 IRCC came out with this public policy for PGWP holders to extend their work permits for up to 18 months which I was eligible for but I didn’t get the full 18 months because my international passport was expiring. I only got it for 11months. I submitted my pr though PNP since in 2020 but It is still in process. I applied for a BOWP thinking I was going to get it since I have a PR application in but it got refused due to the fact I have employment restrictions on my PNC. My question is, can I apply to claim the remaining 7 months on the PGWP? Even if it’s an extension from a public policy program? I need to restore my status back as a worker and I have been given 90days from October. I applied for visitors visa but I just realized I didn’t get the full 18months in the last pgwp which just expired on July 10 ,2022

veearegee

Feb 11, 2023
I have applied for closed work permit extension in Nov 2022 inland. Till now I didn't get any update. Did anyone who has got your extension recently?

aravindsriram

Mar 16, 2020
I have applied for closed work permit extension in Nov 2022 inland. Till now I didn't get any update. Did anyone who has got your extension recently?
Even I have applied for WP extension, SOWP extension, and study permit for kid in Nov 2022.I havent received any update yet. Did you get any update or Do you have any idea on the exact time period taken for processing ?

Rekferiri

Mar 1, 2023
I applied for owp extension February 18th from canada , i got approved today , still waiting for the paper version.
good luck

aravindsriram

Mar 16, 2020
Even I have applied for WP extension, SOWP extension, and study permit for kid in Nov 2022.I havent received any update yet. Did you get any update or Do you have any idea on the exact time period taken for processing ?
I have got my WP extension approved today (1-Mar-2023)