+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

ljtm

Feb 2, 2020
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I'm trying to extend my work permit online, the one issued with the Sponsorship application. It was not issued for 2 years because of my passport expration date.

The problem is that, when completing the questionnaire, it says that I'm not eligible for a work permit, I can't find the way to get to that option. I've already tried different responses but still not getting there.

Anyone did it before?

Nevermind, found it!

Last edited:

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I'm trying to extend my work permit online, the one issued with the Sponsorship application. It was not issued for 2 years because of my passport expration date.

The problem is that, when completing the questionnaire, it says that I'm not eligible for a work permit, I can't find the way to get to that option. I've already tried different responses but still not getting there.

Anyone did it before?

Nevermind, found it!
Hi could you please explain what did you do toextend your work permit? My husband work permit will expire in August because of the passport expiration date.
Thanks!

ljtm

Feb 2, 2020
Hi could you please explain what did you do toextend your work permit? My husband work permit will expire in August because of the passport expiration date.
Thanks!
Once you're logged into your GKey account, look for the option "Start an application - Apply to come to Canada". You'll have to complete the questionnaire in order to confirm that he is eligible and link an online application to your account.

Make sure to select Yes in the question Does one of the following apply to you? I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.

It will create the online application where you can upload all the requested documents, there's a checklist on the online application with all the instructions