+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

meszialbin

Apr 7, 2018
Hi All,

Im looking for guidance. This is my 3rd work permit extension but this time with a new employer. I had my contract included in the application and was signed by the employer but I forgot to sign it. It was sent by mail. My question is: Do I send a new application with the signed contract and send an explanation on the IRCC webform? or just wait to see if they notice or if its an a reason for refusal? Im worried if I send it they might have not noticed it in the first place but by pointing it out it gives them a reason to just refuse it right away. any tips or advice

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>Do I send a new application with the signed contract and send an explanation on the IRCC webform?
Yes

>Im worried if I send it they might have not noticed it in the first place but by pointing it out it gives them a reason to just refuse it right away.
Generally not a big deal. Bur I wouldn't bet on luck here, always better to deal upfront.

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
The CIC website says to not submit more than one application as it can delay processing. This is a tricky situation, and I don't know if there is a 'right' answer.

You could wait until they process your application and they may just request further documents (and then you could send your signed contract), but there is certainly no guarantee.

Can I ask why you submitted via paper? Online processing in much faster. Perhaps if you submitted a new application online with the correct documents, they may process that before they have even reached your paper one. The other thing I could do it submit a webform request to cancel your first (paper) application, as you don't want to have two applications for the same job being processed.

meszialbin

Apr 7, 2018
The CIC website says to not submit more than one application as it can delay processing. This is a tricky situation, and I don't know if there is a 'right' answer.

You could wait until they process your application and they may just request further documents (and then you could send your signed contract), but there is certainly no guarantee.

Can I ask why you submitted via paper? Online processing in much faster. Perhaps if you submitted a new application online with the correct documents, they may process that before they have even reached your paper one. The other thing I could do it submit a webform request to cancel your first (paper) application, as you don't want to have two applications for the same job being processed.
I guess I have to call them one more time to see which option is the best. The reason I submitted on paper form was because last year I submitted online and it was rejected as it was supposed to be submitted via paper form as I also have to submit a TRP application with my WP.