+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension

Jay-Ar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Anyone here got a work permit extension applied before November 5,2017? Because mine still on progress.?

Braravin

Dec 23, 2017
It depends on situation. What kind of work permit you are extending?
Depending on that you may need LMIA or LMIA exempt number to apply

lbg8983

Feb 1, 2018
A friend of mine is from Saskatchewan, does anyone know where to send an application for Extension of work permit or work permit application. Please help asap. Thank you so much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

A friend of mine is from Saskatchewan, does anyone know where to send an application for Extension of work permit or work permit application. Please help asap. Thank you so much
1. They all go to
CPC-Vegreville
Work Permit
6212 – 55th Avenue, Unit 303
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W1

Online, they end up at Vegreville.

Reactions: lbg8983

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
your friend can also go to the border and get it same day, I'm from Saskatchewan and also got mine at the border if not then you have to send to the above address mentioned earlier

Reactions: lbg8983

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Hi all i needed some help and information ok so i came in canada on a 6 month wpermit and after that change to a food service wpermit for 2 years and my wife came to canada as dependant under me and she got open wpermit and after 4 month i got dismissed but our wpermit still valid and we got an employer who was ready to sponsor her pnp and do new wp for me so for 1 year and a half we couldn't get anything from him and our wpermit has already expired but 2 weeks before it expired they applied for extension for me and my wife by post to vegreville so my question is

1 will we get a positive reply from then as im changing wp 3rd time
2 if we find another job and the employer willing to sponsor us can we go leaving the job that apply extension for us

Thanks for helping plzz

Sindhu2905

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,

I received my nomination (OINP- employer job offer - international student). I'm currently on OWP and it expires in December. I've received a support letter too. On the support letter, it says while applying for a work permit, to attach a receipt of compliance fee paid by employer. I will get this done.
Also, if I go to the border to apply for extension, are there any additional documents required ?

Deepuvnma

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am an International student who completed my studies here in Canada and on a work permit.

Due to my passport expiry date, I got 2 years of work permit instead of 3 years. when I went to flagpoling at the border to get my work permit and immigration office said I can apply for my work permit extension for one more year.

My passport and work permit is about to expire on Aug 10, 2021. I have applied for my passport renewal and it takes 2 months to get a new passport.

I will be out of status before I get my new passport. how can I apply for my work permit extension without my new passport in hand?

Please let me know what are precautions to be taken to save my status.