+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension timeline 2020 second half

lovebatth39

Jul 11, 2020
Hi
Applied for SOWP extension recently, waiting for the reply, always thinking about the real timeline, online on cic website they are showing 95 days which is too much for an extension i think, because most employers do not accept you as a new employee here if your work permit is less then 90 days and i have 1 month left on my work permit.
I am in trouble because i moved to a new city recently and wanted to apply for a new job.

is any one here facing same or applied for extension recently.
Thanks

Last edited:

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
Applied for SOWP recently, waiting for the reply, always thinking about the real timeline, online on cic website they are showing 95 days which is too much for an extension i think, because most employers do not accept you as a new employee here if your work permit is less then 90 days and i have 1 month left on my work permit.
I am in trouble because i moved to a new city recently and wanted to apply for a new job.

is any one here facing same or applied for extension recently.
Thanks
Everyone is experiencing this issue,
people are waiting from December 2019 for a decision.
You will find only people with biometrics that was done before March were approved fast, Now nothing is moving...
I applied for my wife on May 1st and still waiting and nothing is moving.

lovebatth39

Jul 11, 2020
Everyone is experiencing this issue,
people are waiting from December 2019 for a decision.
You will find only people with biometrics that was done before March were approved fast, Now nothing is moving...
I applied for my wife on May 1st and still waiting and nothing is moving.
Hi
Thanks for reply
CIC already have my biometric, which was done last year, when i came to canada. So that is not an issue with my case.
My wife got her PGWP in just 10 days. She also had done her biometric last year.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
Thanks for reply
CIC already have my biometric, which was done last year, when i came to canada. So that is not an issue with my case.
My wife got her PGWP in just 10 days. She also had done her biometric last year.
Still there is a huge delay now, Even this people from December 2019 had biometrics and they are still waiting..
For now the forum is quiet as IRCC is.

lovebatth39

Jul 11, 2020
Was
Still there is a huge delay now, Even this people from December 2019 had biometrics and they are still waiting..
For now the forum is quiet as IRCC is.
sometime its luck, if its good then you get a quick reply.
I know 2 persons who applied for work permit same month. One in the beginning of month and another at the end of month.
The one who applied at the end, got visa in 10 days
Another one, who applied in the beginning, got his visa after 2 months.
Same situation, same location, same country, different timeline.

Last edited:
Reactions: eithan203