+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - Extension - Should I do it?

leo.rpa

Aug 13, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have a complicated scenario that I dont have to much knowledge about it and need help from some of you.

I got 1.3 year of PGWP. I could not find a job for 2 months and had to leave the country for 1 month. I am going to turn one year of Canadian Work Experience in November 05, 2019. However, my PGWP expires in November 08, 2019.

My question is:

In order to stay in Canada and wait the next EE draw, do you think it is possible apply for my Work Permit extension?? Also, while in implied status do you think I can apply for Bridging Work Permit?

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I have a complicated scenario that I dont have to much knowledge about it and need help from some of you.

I got 1.3 year of PGWP. I could not find a job for 2 months and had to leave the country for 1 month. I am going to turn one year of Canadian Work Experience in November 05, 2019. However, my PGWP expires in November 08, 2019.

My question is:

In order to stay in Canada and wait the next EE draw, do you think it is possible apply for my Work Permit extension?? Also, while in implied status do you think I can apply for Bridging Work Permit?

Thank you,
You need an approved LMIA and job offer to qualify for an extension.

If you apply for an extension without qualifying, your extension will be rejected as incomplete and you'll end up in Canada without status effective the date your PGWP expired (so you won't qualify for a BOWP and won't be able to apply for PR from within Canada).

If you aren't able to secure a job offer + LMIA but want to remain in Canada - apply to change your status to visitor. You'll need to stop working but will be able to remain in Canada.

Reactions: leo.rpa