+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension refused incorrectly

BarbRS

Apr 20, 2020
hello,

My work permit extention was refused recently, for a reason IRCC wrote that I didnt have ID number of fee payment for LMIA exempt. I did have it and it was written on application, also copy of receipt was attached in additional documents. I guess it was a simply mistake of one of the immigration officers. What shall I do in this situation, I did send a web form inquire but it might take forever for them to answer. I can apply for restoration but it cost 980 dollars for me and my husband and while I had to stop working and being paid because of refusal it is a lot of money in this moment. What do you think I should do in this situation?
Thanks for any reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello,

My work permit extention was refused recently, for a reason IRCC wrote that I didnt have ID number of fee payment for LMIA exempt. I did have it and it was written on application, also copy of receipt was attached in additional documents. I guess it was a simply mistake of one of the immigration officers. What shall I do in this situation, I did send a web form inquire but it might take forever for them to answer. I can apply for restoration but it cost 980 dollars for me and my husband and while I had to stop working and being paid because of refusal it is a lot of money in this moment. What do you think I should do in this situation?
Thanks for any reply
What kind of work permit do you have? I see that you were on CERB. Are you back to full-time employment? The fact that you were refused could really impact on whether you actually qualified for CERB.

BarbRS

Apr 20, 2020
What kind of work permit do you have? I see that you were on CERB. Are you back to full-time employment? The fact that you were refused could really impact on whether you actually qualified for CERB.

Actually it was my husband's work permit (Lmia exempt) ...didnt want to create another account thats why I posted it as it was for me. He had closed work permit, I had open as his wife, he was working untill few days ago when we received refusal letters, I was recently on CERB, yes. Now in this situation I dont know if they will ask me to give all the money back:/
We submitted web form inquire explaining the situation and asking to overturn decision but due to pandemic it can take long time for them to answer so today we applied for status restoration, have no idea if we did well since we did not have made mistake on the first application but it seemed like only way for my husband to go back to work.