+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**WORK PERMIT EXTENSION LMIA EXEMPTION NUMBER**

Hillary B

Feb 20, 2013
HEY GUYS, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM CIC TODAY AND IT SAYS:

Your application to extend your stay in Canada is being processed by this office. In order to continue processing your application, we require additional information to make a final decision. Please provide the following:

An approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption number. You’d submitted an LMIA exemption number which is still pending in the employer portal - # AXXXXXXX. Note: you must also provide proof that your employer paid the $230 employer compliance fee.
You have 30 days to provide proof of compliance, at which time a final review will be conducted on your application. You are required under paragraph 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to comply with this request:
Obligation — answer truthfully
16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
IRCC-Yellowknife

QUESTION: IS THE APPROVED LABOUR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) EXEMPTION NUMBER THE SAME WITH THE LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM PNP?

204(c) Letter of Support from Alberta Provincial Nomination Program

Mohamed2003

Dec 5, 2017
Hello, I am also in a similar situation. I have been selected for a postdoctoral research program applied for a work permit. Now embassy has informed me the LMIA Exemption approval is still pending. They asked me to contact university again and ask university to re submit LMIA Exemption request again. Anybody knows as to why this happened?

Hillary B- your case also similar to me- so what has happened in your case?

Thanks