Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I have the following situation:

I am currently full-time employed (no LMIA/PNP)
My work permit has expired on February 12th 2015, prior to that I have applied for work permit extension based on common-law partner Post Graduate Work Permit (Expiration Date is March 11th 2015). My application still in process and per CIC I am working right now under Implied Status..

So in order to extend my stay in Canada, for more than one month. My common law-partner have applied for two years program in college and have already submitted application to CIC for study permit (She did not include myself in her application as dependent). Her application is currently in process..

I have some questions for clarifications:
1. What happens if my application will get refused? What can I do to continue legally work with my employer, any thoughts or suggestions?
2. Is there any way to attach myself to my common-law profile, for work permit extensions?

Maybe somebody knows, any other solutions regarding my situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. If your work permit is refused, you will have to stop working as soon as you receive the refusal. You won't be able to start working again until after you have applied to restore your status and applied for a new work permit - and that work permit application has been approved.
2. You'll have to wait until your common law partner's study permit is approved before you'll be able to apply for a work permit based on their study permit.