+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit Extension || How early can I apply ?

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

Is there max a number of days rule we need to follow for applying for Work Permit Extension. My work permit Expired in Oct 2010.
I got to know verbally that we cannot apply before 2 months of expiry of current Work permit, but could not find a link to it .

Regards,
lrow

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lrow said:
Hi ,

Is there max a number of days rule we need to follow for applying for Work Permit Extension. My work permit Expired in Oct 2010.
I got to know verbally that we cannot apply before 2 months of expiry of current Work permit, but could not find a link to it .

Regards,
lrow
You can apply as early as you want.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lrow said:
Hi ,

Regards,
lrow
Note that the processing time for WP application for same employer is 40 days. Your employer can only file for the LMO in your favor after advertising for 14 days and LMO processing is about 6 weeks. So your employer should start advertising now, then apply for your new WP as soon a new LMO comes out :)

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Thanks for your responses. One point on LMO . I am an IT professional and am excempt from LMO.