+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension - help needed!!!

Mike81

Feb 20, 2010
Hi Guys!
I had a work permit until 13 February - I applied for renewal and they received my documents in Vegreville on 10 January. Since then I have not heard anything from them!!! what should I do! It is almost two months now and I am starting getting troubles - for ex. I can not take a driving licence test. Do you have some Idea - I think they were supposed to send me confirming letter, were not they? Please help!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Mike81 said:
Hi Guys!
I had a work permit until 13 February - I applied for renewal and they received my documents in Vegreville on 10 January. Since then I have not heard anything from them!!! what should I do! It is almost two months now and I am starting getting troubles - for ex. I can not take a driving licence test. Do you have some Idea - I think they were supposed to send me confirming letter, were not they? Please help!!!
It would take almost two months to process WP for same employer.

Mike81

Feb 20, 2010
So, do you mean that I should not worry and pretty soon I will get it per post? I saw proceeding time of 52 days - this is what you mean two months? but what is with this first confirmation? they dont send or what what is your experience?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Mike81 said:
So, do you mean that I should not worry and pretty soon I will get it per post? I saw proceeding time of 52 days - this is what you mean two months? but what is with this first confirmation? they dont send or what what is your experience?
Yes that's the processing time posted at the CIC website. What type of job did you apply the extension for, and what are the requirements for extending such one? I think there are jobs that require LMO even when you are applying WP extension for the same employer.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
It took 7 weeks for my caregiver to get his 2 year extension which took him up to the expiry date of his passport.

vgatiwan

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 14 2010
Doc's Request.
june 30, 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
hi I am new here and I just want to ask if anybody knows how to do about an expiring working visa before work permit expiration? Does TRV same with working visa too? I am a little bt confused of this coz in the site TRV is when you want to visit canada but I am here on a working permit which will expire feb2011 but my visa on my passport will expire November this year..Please tell me what to do about it..Thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vgatiwan said:
hi I am new here and I just want to ask if anybody knows how to do about an expiring working visa before work permit expiration? Does TRV same with working visa too? I am a little bt confused of this coz in the site TRV is when you want to visit canada but I am here on a working permit which will expire feb2011 but my visa on my passport will expire November this year..Please tell me what to do about it..Thanks...
You can send your application to a visa office in the US. Even if the guide is for visitor's visa, if you are extending as a worker, the visa office will affix a w TRV on your passport.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

vgatiwan

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 14 2010
Doc's Request.
june 30, 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
Thank You Very Much for your reply.........I read the guide and it says If I have plan to renew contract I may do so before applying for the TRV...Can I apply as early as now even though my work permit is still due on feb.next year...and nothing in the guide that says we have to send passport as well are we going to include that also in the application? I just want to do it now because I had also applied for PR and just in case they will ask for my passport I cant give it because I had also submitted it for my TRV...Hope I made myself clear here..Thanks.........