+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension for spouse of post graduate work permit holder

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hai everyone
I am a full time student in Vancouver B.C and i am going to graduate in april 2021. Currently i am working as a pizza cook and I just want to know if this job comes under Noc B.? Will this job be beneficial for my husband to apply for his OWP Extension?
I am really confused and want help
Please reply
Hi
I think your noc is 6322 that's mean "COOK "noc B , it'll be fine to apply for PGWP and your husband OWP

Good luck for Graduation

mmusenna

Jan 5, 2020
Did you even look at the requirements before applying?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp

Spouses of open work permit holders

If the principal foreign worker is the holder of an open work permit (e.g., post-graduation work permit, working holiday work permit), Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) cannot assess the skill level based only on the open work permit, and the spouse or common-law partner applying for the C41 exemption will need to attach proof that the principal worker is employed in an occupation in skill level 0, A or B.

The spousal applicant should submit all the supporting documents, including

a letter from the principal foreign worker’s current employer confirming employment or a copy of their employment offer or contract; and
a copy of the principal foreign worker’s last three pay slips.

If your husband doesn't have the required payslips, you need to apply to change your status to visitor before your current work permit expires.
Hello,

If paystubs do not include Job Title and NOC Code, will it be problem for spouse's work permit extension application? I saw some paystub samples which do not include Job Titles and NOC Codes.

May 20, 2021
Hello,
I have one confusion. I am here on study permit and my wife is on spousal open work permit. Both expires on 31st july 2021. I have applied for PGWP and waiting for decision. I will start NOC B job from next week and will get my third pay slip on mid July(before 15 days of my wife’s SOWP expires). Can I apply 15 days prior to her work permit expiry?
If yes, than can she keep working if she doesn’t get decision until July 31st?

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello,
I have one confusion. I am here on study permit and my wife is on spousal open work permit. Both expires on 31st july 2021. I have applied for PGWP and waiting for decision. I will start NOC B job from next week and will get my third pay slip on mid July(before 15 days of my wife’s SOWP expires). Can I apply 15 days prior to her work permit expiry?
If yes, than can she keep working if she doesn’t get decision until July 31st?
Yes she can apply or apply early and add last payslip by webform later.
She can work after applying that's fine

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017

Imesha

Mar 13, 2021
Hello,
My wife is applying for PGWP and I am going to apply for the extension of my OWP.
She is working in the NOC 5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters.
She has a "Term of engagement" not a regular contract.

This term describes that:
"This is to confirm our offer to add your name to our list of Freelance Interpreters and Translators", and
"You are an independent contractor and therefore responsible for your own income deductions and any insurance’s. No T4 slip will be issued and you are responsible for declaring any income received on your annual income tax return."

Is it a valid job offer to send with the pay stubs to apply for the spouse OWP?
Thanks
Hi,

I'm also in the same situation. I have PGWP and I got a job offer in the IT field which I have to work as a self-employer.
I am going to apply for SOWP extension for my spouse. Will it be an issue for SOWP extension?

@jar_brz did you get the approval for SOWP extension with your spouse's self-employment job offer?

Please reply.
Thank you.