+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension during probation

vyshak89

Feb 25, 2024
Hello,

Someone please advice me, I recently got a job offer and a conditional offer letter from an employer in nova scotia, their probation period is 6 months, but my offer letter will expire in 5 months.. it is a good job with good benefits, what shall I do? not accept the offer letter or request them to reduce the probation period? please advice me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Someone please advice me, I recently got a job offer and a conditional offer letter from an employer in nova scotia, their probation period is 6 months, but my offer letter will expire in 5 months.. it is a good job with good benefits, what shall I do? not accept the offer letter or request them to reduce the probation period? please advice me
Title says work permit extension so what is your question about that? Offer letter is not a work permit.

vyshak89

Feb 25, 2024
Sorry, my question is can I extend my work permit using the offer letter they will provide during the probation period?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on my open work permit right now, I wanted to know what kind of work permit I can apply?
So a PGWP? When does it expire? Once your permit expires, you stop working. A job offer is of no benefit. You would need a LMIA from your employer proving no Canadian or PR has the education or experience to do the job, only you. With LIMA, you apply for a closed work permit. Do you have an EE application with chance of ITA? NS PNP?

vyshak89

Feb 25, 2024
I was looking forward for, NSNP and I got the job with a conditional offer letter with a probation period of 6 months. While my Open work permit is expiring in 5 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was looking forward for, NSNP and I got the job with a conditional offer letter with a probation period of 6 months. While my Open work permit is expiring in 5 months
You need a LMIA from employer to apply for closed work permit, if NS PNP is not an option. Assume employer is designated.

vyshak89

Feb 25, 2024
Ok. Thank you, all my concern is am i able to apply for PR right away? I mean before my current work permit expires?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. Thank you, all my concern is am i able to apply for PR right away? I mean before my current work permit expires?
I don’t know what PNP program you are eligible for. You need to research the different streams based on job offer, education (went to school in NS), work experience etc.