+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension Delay

darraghmurf

Jul 20, 2011
Hi,
I am hoping someone here on this forum can help me.
I have been in Canada for nearly one year on my work permit. In that time I have found full-time employment and my company has agreed to sponsor me for permanent residency based on the BC PNP Program.
I received my acceptance letter from that program at the start of May. Included with my acceptance package was a letter for CIC to grant me a work permit extension whilst my permanent residency application was being processed.
I applied for my extension online in mid June and am still waiting for a response.

My original permit expires next week however and I am wondering what to do.
I am thinking that I need to go to my nearest POE with all of my documentation (including reference numbers etc.. that I received through my application process).

Is this the correct way to proceed or is there something completely different that I need to do?

Thanks

unique-mom

Feb 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You do not have to worry for as long as you already applied for an extension of work permit before your current work permit expires. You can continue working with your current employer.

ked

Aug 30, 2009
You can continue to work but your SIN numbr will expire the same day as your work permit. The work permit won't take more than 2 months. If you applied online, please give them a call and verify which applications they are currently dealing with.