+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension (as closed WP) with CSQ

SaiLL7mj

Mar 4, 2018
Hello, all:

I have post it on the section "Quebec Immigration"https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-work-permit-extension-as-closed-wp-with-csq.547121/
But I would like to post it here also to gain more helpers.

I know this question has been discussed here, however it is still very confusing (to many people I believe). So I would like to bring out my questions here and appreciate some help!

My situation:
I have a open post-graduation work permit which will expire in 3 months. I have my CSQ have submitted PR under QSW program (not AOR yet). I am working on a permanent position as a scientist. My employer has already applied for the employment number for me.

My questions:
For online application, we have to pass the questionnaire part :

For Which situation best describes your work situation?
There are several options however there are only two of them I think could fit my case as a CSQ (which is not really belonging to the category of provincial nominee certificate) holder: "I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder" or "none of the above". It seems I can only select the former as if I select the latter, the next question is asking for LMIA. Because having CSQ is LMIA-exempt, I can only select "no" to this question and then the system will tell me that I am not qualified to apply a work-permit. So I finally select "I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder"

And then the next question is "Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?" T
This looks good, so I select CSQ and I finally reach the application page. The system asks me to upload 7 documents: Offer of employment, CSQ, Passport, photo, Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required), Provincial Nominee Program Certificate, Letter of Support from Province or Territory.

My question is:
1, what I should do with Provincial Nominee Program Certificate and Letter of Support from Province or Territory? I only have CSQ, and I couldn't leave this two unuploaded, otherwise I could not go to the payment step.

2, For the offer of employment, both the HR and I were confused. As I started my current work from 2017, I have a employment contract signed by both me and my employer before I passed the 3-month probation period and a letter of employment indicating my current salary, full-time and permanent position and responsibility. Are these enough? Do I need a new employment offer? (which my employer find weird as I am already working here) I know my employer has to fill a form in Employer Portal, however she only gave me the employment number. In the application page, there is an optional document "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt". This looks very much like the form my employer has to fill in Employer Portal but I don't know if she could generate a PDF form from Employer Portal.

3, What document I need for "Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)", can I use my letter of employment, which indicates I obviously can meet the requirement?

Please let me know if any of the experienced guys here can give a answer. My HR is not familiar with these, so I would like to collect more sure information before I bother her again after many times.

Thank you so very much!

A Physician Mom

Mar 25, 2018
Hi,
I’m right now in your situation, however, I couldn't find qualified job.
I have question , does general labour job ( permanent and full time ) works?
I have csq, applied for federal ( no AOR yet) !
My work permit will expire soon and I have tough time to get a job!
Please any Advice

SaiLL7mj

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,
I’m right now in your situation, however, I couldn't find qualified job.
I have question , does general labour job ( permanent and full time ) works?
I have csq, applied for federal ( no AOR yet) !
My work permit will expire soon and I have tough time to get a job!
Please any Advice
i am not sure. But the employer is supposed to apply for the employment number for you. As long as you can get that number you are fine

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hello, all:

I have post it on the section "Quebec Immigration"https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-work-permit-extension-as-closed-wp-with-csq.547121/

I know this question has been discussed here, however it is still very confusing (to many people I believe). So I would like to bring out my questions here and appreciate some help!

My situation:
I have a open post-graduation work permit which will expire in 3 months. I have my CSQ have submitted PR under QSW program (not AOR yet). I am working on a permanent position as a scientist. My employer has already applied for the employment number for me.

My questions:

There are several options however there are only two of them I think could fit my case as a CSQ (which is not really belonging to the category of provincial nominee certificate) holder: "I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder" or "none of the above". It seems I can only select the former as if I select the latter, the next question is asking for LMIA. Because having CSQ is LMIA-exempt, I can only select "no" to this question and then the system will tell me that I am not qualified to apply a work-permit. So I finally select "I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder"

And then the next question is "Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?" T
This looks good, so I select CSQ and I finally reach the application page. The system asks me to upload 7 documents: Offer of employment, CSQ, Passport, photo, Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required), Provincial Nominee Program Certificate, Letter of Support from Province or Territory.

My question is:
1, what I should do with Provincial Nominee Program Certificate and Letter of Support from Province or Territory? I only have CSQ, and I couldn't leave this two unuploaded, otherwise I could not go to the payment step.

2, For the offer of employment, both the HR and I were confused. As I started my current work from 2017, I have a employment contract signed by both me and my employer before I passed the 3-month probation period and a letter of employment indicating my current salary, full-time and permanent position and responsibility. Are these enough? Do I need a new employment offer? (which my employer find weird as I am already working here) I know my employer has to fill a form in Employer Portal, however she only gave me the employment number. In the application page, there is an optional document "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt". This looks very much like the form my employer has to fill in Employer Portal but I don't know if she could generate a PDF form from Employer Portal.

3, What document I need for "Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)", can I use my letter of employment, which indicates I obviously can meet the requirement?

Please let me know if any of the experienced guys here can give a answer. My HR is not familiar with these, so I would like to collect more sure information before I bother her again after many times.

Thank you so very much!
Did you manage to sort it out? How did you do it in the end? I have the same problem, I have the job code but I don't know how to get past the online question format, submitting it in paper form takes forever

SaiLL7mj

Mar 4, 2018
Did you manage to sort it out? How did you do it in the end? I have the same problem, I have the job code but I don't know how to get past the online question format, submitting it in paper form takes forever
For my question 1, I used CSQ as Provincial Nominee Program Certificate and used the letter sent with CSQ as Letter of Support from Province.
For my question 2 and 3, I used my employment letter from HR
I suggest you submit by paper, you can get even longer time to continue your current status

Meen2828

Aug 13, 2018
Hello, all:

My situation:

My questions:

My question is:

Thank you so very much!
For my question 1, I used CSQ as Provincial Nominee Program Certificate and used the letter sent with CSQ as Letter of Support from Province.
I suggest you submit by paper, you can get even longer time to continue your current status

Did you finally get open work permit or closed work permit?Since post graduation work permit is open work permit, Aren't we entitled to get extension with open work permit status?How long did the process take?

A Physician Mom

Mar 25, 2018
Please what is the exact details needed in the job offer ? Should my emloyer write in the offre terminal datr?

padma29

Jan 29, 2019
Hi!
I'm in the same situation as you - were you able to receive your work permit in time by applying online?
Why submit by paper if you are able to get away with choosing the Provincial Nominee option online?
Thank you for your response!! It would help massively.

ZahidAli786

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I am in the same situation. What did you do eventually or anyone else can please suggest what should I add for proof indicating you meet the requirements of the job being offered.?