+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension 2018

sinrit

Oct 18, 2018
no update yet :( what about you
Nothing. Mine applied on July 24. In response to web form, they informed that my query is being forwarded to responsible office. This happened last friday. Nothing after that. Hope you will be receiving it soon. Update when you get it.

vksidharth

Oct 4, 2018
Hi All,
I submitted by work permit extension application for my wife and myself via online on July 25th and today my application got approved.
Hope to hear all your status soon.

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi All,
I submitted by work permit extension application for my wife and myself via online on July 25th and today my application got approved.
Hope to hear all your status soon.
Congrats bro.. have you applied self or with dependent visitor extension?

sinrit

Oct 18, 2018
Nothing. Mine applied on July 24. In response to web form, they informed that my query is being forwarded to responsible office. This happened last friday. Nothing after that. Hope you will be receiving it soon. Update when you get it.
At last, Got it approved yesterday late evening. I was watching and before me the status updated in the evening 5 pm. All applications approved. Applied July 24, Had combinations , mine - WP extension (same employer), Wife- Visitor Extension, Kids- Student and Visitor. What a relief.
Hope you all get the visa, asap. I know the stress. All the best.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Can someone please advise on these? Thank you!

1. When is the earliest possible time to renew/apply for the remaining months of your PWGP? Does it have to be 30 days prior to the expiration of the current one?

2. Does it have to be done by mail only, or are there successful online applicants?

3. Does one have to state current status as worker or student?

4. Please provide a sample of the letter of explanation attached with the application.

teresaliu0125

Sep 26, 2018
Can someone please advise on these? Thank you!

1. When is the earliest possible time to renew/apply for the remaining months of your PWGP? Does it have to be 30 days prior to the expiration of the current one?

2. Does it have to be done by mail only, or are there successful online applicants?

3. Does one have to state current status as worker or student?

4. Please provide a sample of the letter of explanation attached with the application.
You CANNOT renew your PGWP. You can apply BOWP instead if you applied for permanent residence and currently in Canada.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
You CANNOT renew your PGWP. You can apply BOWP instead if you applied for permanent residence and currently in Canada.

Yea I'm aware of that. It is a renewal or extension for the 3 months owed. The PGWP was only issued for 2 years and 9 months.

Last edited: