+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit expire soon

H

hotdog6sh

my post gratudation work permit expire next month.
I applied CEC 2~3months ago, haven't get anything from Government yet.
Yeah, I defenitely need a visitor visa for legal status in Canada for next few months.

my country doesnt need a visitor visa to come to Canada so in my case, is it ok just go to USA for a couple of days at the end of next month, then come back to get new visitor visa? (if so, I am going to take all of my canadian visas and immigration receipts) or Do I have to apply in paper or online format?

Thank you for reading this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Are you working? Do you have an employer that wants to keep you? If so, you can apply for a TWP.

If not, then I suppose your only option to stay is a visitor visa - but understand that means you cannot work, and it may be long time (perhaps as much as a year) still before your CEC application is processed. You should consider whether you can afford to be unemployed that long or if it is better to go back to your country while waiting for the CEC to be processed.

As for applying at the border... unless you actually need to go to the US, I think you're better off doing the online application to change conditions...

H

hotdog6sh

I am not working right now. But I worked more than 1year during my post graduation work permit which expire January 2011.

I donot want to go back to my country during processing of immigration due to most of my family members are already permanent resident in Canada so I need to take care of my nephews.
That's why I just want to extend my Visa as a visitor.

so which would be better?
just applying paper or online application for visitor? or going US for a couple of days then come back to Canada February 2011 as a visitor (which I am not sure, I can get visior visa easily at Canada-US boarder.. my country is visa waived country to come to Canada)

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
I think you just need to leave canada and enter to canada again as a visitor. But when you enter canada again, you need to show the officer you have another air flight ticket proving you are leaving canada in certain months.

I assume your passport is canada visa-free.