+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expire and sin number please help

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hi guys,
I just have a quick question, I am in process of applying for my PR and will sumbit my application along with my open work permit so I can work while waiting for my application PR. Anyways, my PGWP expires November 27 and so is my sin number. I am currently working full time. So can i still work full time after November 27? Both my sin number will expire on that date and my work permit?

Whats the law? Anyone know or have the experience please help me. Thank you

bubagump

Nov 5, 2018
Hi guys,
I just have a quick question, I am in process of applying for my PR and will sumbit my application along with my open work permit so I can work while waiting for my application PR. Anyways, my PGWP expires November 27 and so is my sin number. I am currently working full time. So can i still work full time after November 27? Both my sin number will expire on that date and my work permit?

Whats the law? Anyone know or have the experience please help me. Thank you
If you have applied for BOWP, you are in valid status called implied status till you get your work permit approved. SIN is valid when you are in implied status. Canada needs your taxes even if you are in limbo :) , but they wont give you health insurance. If your health card have expired at the same time, go get a private insurance asap. Canada needs your taxes but wont give your health insurance when you are on implied status.

Reactions: Toma1993

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
If you have applied for BOWP, you are in valid status called implied status till you get your work permit approved. SIN is valid when you are in implied status. Canada needs your taxes even if you are in limbo :) , but they wont give you health insurance. If your health card have expired at the same time, go get a private insurance asap. Canada needs your taxes but wont give your health insurance when you are on implied status.

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks for your reply really appreciate it. I did apply for sponsership spouse in Canada and applied for open work permit not BGWP!
I am in PGWP at the moment, did I applied for the right work permit?

I thought BGWP is for people in express entry or Candian experience class , etc. Please help?