+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit ends soon. Need advice.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
Got the PR Invitation but my work permit expires on 12 Feb next year. What should I do in such a situation? Thanks.

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
First of congratulations for the invite, your next step is to complete your profile and submit your fully application. Once these is done, you will get an acknowledgement of transmission, on you GSKey account, you will then use it to apply for a bridging work permit. Make sure you complete your application for PR before Feb 12, and proceed to apply for BWP. Congratulations once again. If you have more questions let us know

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
First of congratulations for the invite, your next step is to complete your profile and submit your fully application. Once these is done, you will get an acknowledgement of transmission, on you GSKey account, you will then use it to apply for a bridging work permit. Make sure you complete your application for PR before Feb 12, and proceed to apply for BWP. Congratulations once again. If you have more questions let us know
Usually submission confirmation is not enough to apply for a BOWP, you will need the AOR for that process.

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I got the AOR the same day of submitting my application and I think most of us received it in a day or so. @PAINKILLER28 have you seen the AOR is delayed more than that?

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
My WP expires in one month. Applied for EE under CEC.
so far only received PR Confirmation Portal email from ircc asking for details email and etc etc.
AOR received
Medicals and Biometrics cleared.

Do i need to apply for BOWP? The timelines are very long for work permits and i dont know how long it will take now for COPR. Please guide me what should i do further.

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
My WP expires in one month. Applied for EE under CEC.
so far only received PR Confirmation Portal email from ircc asking for details email and etc etc.
AOR received
Medicals and Biometrics cleared.

Do i need to apply for BOWP? The timelines are very long for work permits and i dont know how long it will take now for COPR. Please guide me what should i do further.
I would wait a bit, you are still a month away.
But in the worst-case scenario, you could apply for the BOWP, you would get implied status while waiting for your COPR, and as soon as you get PR you can just cancel the WP application and ask for a refund.

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
I would wait a bit, you are still a month away.
But in the worst-case scenario, you could apply for the BOWP, you would get implied status while waiting for your COPR, and as soon as you get PR you can just cancel the WP application and ask for a refund.
thanks Gabriel ! :)

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020
Hard to say, processing time doesn't mean much recently.
Got my AOR today itself. Had one last question if you do not mind. I was let go from my job in November. So, currently I do not have a job. In such a scenario, can I still apply for bridging my PGWP or do I need to get a job first? Thanks.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Got my AOR today itself. Had one last question if you do not mind. I was let go from my job in November. So, currently I do not have a job. In such a scenario, can I still apply for bridging my PGWP or do I need to get a job first? Thanks.
No, you don't need a job offer to apply for a BOWP, just the AOR is enough.

JayGohil

Apr 19, 2020

Got my AOR today itself. Thank You for your help.