+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit document not received after approval email from CIC

zhaopeiplane

Jun 28, 2016
FW: I applied for work permit extension and I received below email stating my application has been approved.
However I have still not received my documents at my address. Anybody know how long it generally takes to get documents from CIC after application approval is received. Please help \ share your experience. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Bouzenka1980

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
we are on thesame boat. i called cic they said they sent my sp on june 20th but i havent received anything yet. its been 2 weeks i check my mailbox everysingle day but there is nothing. it is very strange. when did you received your approved email? when did they sent it?

ankur47384

Jul 20, 2016
I haven't received my wp either after getting approval mail on 21st june. Did you guys get your copy in mailbox.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
ankur47384 said:
I haven't received my wp either after getting approval mail on 21st june. Did you guys get your copy in mailbox.
i got an approval june 20. havent received it. till waiting...

ankur47384

Jul 20, 2016
Sorry to bother you again.. Did you get the original work permit pdf copy? or just in canada approval letter in pdf. you contacted cic on phone to get work permit pdf copy.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
ankur47384 said:
Sorry to bother you again.. Did you get the original work permit pdf copy? or just in canada approval letter in pdf. you contacted cic on phone to get work permit pdf copy.
yeah i have the orginal permit pdf copy. i asked them to them it to me so i could travel. are you planning to travel?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
I have the same problem. I need to travel in next 2 weeks and I haven’t received my hard copy of the approved work permit.

I have few queries:

1. How long does it take to reach the work permit from Canada to India?

2. Can we request for a soft copy of the work permit ? If yes what is the process ??

Hparsa

Feb 12, 2020
Hello
myWP was approve on 4 February but until now nothing!! How long does it take to get the physical copy ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello
myWP was approve on 4 February but until now nothing!! How long does it take to get the physical copy ?
It can take anywhere between a day to 1 month.
I would suggest you wait till then and if nothing shows up, call IRCC.

IRCC also sometimes has knowledge of mails , so call them and ask when it was mailed ;)