+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit - do i need an immigration agent?

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
I got the job offer from BC.. finalizing my license so we can proceed with the processing of the work permit. My question is: do i need an immigration agent for this? Is it possible to process a work permit application on my own? Has anyone here done it by themselves that can share some tips on what to pay attention on? And, if by any chance i have to take an agent, what are the charges I should expect? As per my research 5000/6000 is what they charge if i am not wrong
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got the job offer from BC.. finalizing my license so we can proceed with the processing of the work permit. My question is: do i need an immigration agent for this? Is it possible to process a work permit application on my own? Has anyone here done it by themselves that can share some tips on what to pay attention on? And, if by any chance i have to take an agent, what are the charges I should expect? As per my research 5000/6000 is what they charge if i am not wrong
Thank you
No - you don't need an agent. Yes - you can certainly apply on your own. Chances are the same with or without an agent.

Most people in this section have applied on their own. Read through this post to see tips. One of the key things is to show that you have previous work experience and / or education that is directly related to the job you will be doing in Canada.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for the response, I know the chances of approval are the same, i was just wondering is it that complicated to do it by myself so I don’t mess it up. I am able to provide everything you mentioned above, no issues with that. Will read this section thoroughly thank you again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for the response, I know the chances of approval are the same, i was just wondering is it that complicated to do it by myself so I don’t mess it up. I am able to provide everything you mentioned above, no issues with that. Will read this section thoroughly thank you again
That really comes down to personal choice. Tons of people have done it on their own.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Do you have an approved LMIA? Or have been nominated by a province and have an approved work support letter?
I don't have anything yet, just done job interview, they offered me a job and said they can support me with application in BC, but only if i get the license for my profession because it is regulated. Once i get the license we will proceed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't have anything yet, just done job interview, they offered me a job and said they can support me with application in BC, but only if i get the license for my profession because it is regulated. Once i get the license we will proceed
But do they need to apply for a LMIA to prove that no Canadian or PR could be hired? If through BC PNP, does your employer meet the requirements to apply for PR (which is not a work permit)?

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
I am not sure about lmia, i was told by that company that they have hired few people from abroad so far and that they have the approval to recruit foreign employees, and that they can support my work permit application. But only if i get the license. I applied for licence, waiting for approval still.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure about lmia, i was told by that company that they have hired few people from abroad so far and that they have the approval to recruit foreign employees, and that they can support my work permit application. But only if i get the license. I applied for licence, waiting for approval still.
So without LMIA, then you are applying through BC PNP? You cannot get a work permit without a LMIA or being nominated for PR through PNP.

Who is your employer/company?

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
I will check with them about lmia part. Its a chain of daycares in BC, i am an early childhood teacher. I pretty sure the HR lady told me that they can support my application as they’ve done it recently and are familiar with the whole process. Will definitely check with them

Pre-Victor

Dec 5, 2022
Do you have an approved LMIA? Or have been nominated by a province and have an approved work support letter?
Hello Naturgrl, We have just received a work support letter from a province. I think it is LMIA except. Do you know if we need to register our company first before applying for a work permit?

Last edited:

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hello Naturgrl, We have just received a work support letter from a province. I think it is LMIA except. Do you know if we need to register our company first before applying for a work permit?
Honestly i have no idea about that part, would like to know as well… i am still waiting for the license to be approved so i can proceed with the rest. I read somewhere that you have to register, if i find a official source for that info ill post it here. The LMIA part is confusing for me, some say you have to have it, some say for BC is not needed. The support letter is what I assume sufficient right?
Thank you