+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit denied for spouse

Jassdkaur

Oct 15, 2018
Hello all,

I came to Canada as student meanwhile studying I applied for my husband work permit and it got approved and after completing my studies I applied for work permit for me and my Husband on 30th June 2018 and I haven't received any reply but yesterday my Husband work permit got denied it stated that He has not given sufficient proof for my Employment in Category O,A,B.First of all there was no head for uploading my Job offer and His visa depends on my Visa and I have not received any notification on my application.MY question is

1) What should be done in this scenario is it possible for him to work as he Has been working in company with NOC Category B.
2) I have been waiting for my work permit for so long and in case i receive it soon is it possible for us to flag pole for him to get the work permit as soon as possible.Please help with your suggestions.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I came to Canada as student meanwhile studying I applied for my husband work permit and it got approved and after completing my studies I applied for work permit for me and my Husband on 30th June 2018 and I haven't received any reply but yesterday my Husband work permit got denied it stated that He has not given sufficient proof for my Employment in Category O,A,B.First of all there was no head for uploading my Job offer and His visa depends on my Visa and I have not received any notification on my application.MY question is

1) What should be done in this scenario is it possible for him to work as he Has been working in company with NOC Category B.
2) I have been waiting for my work permit for so long and in case i receive it soon is it possible for us to flag pole for him to get the work permit as soon as possible.Please help with your suggestions.

Thank You
Do you have a job that is NOC A, B or 0? Your husband cannot renew his work permit until you have a skilled job. IRCC was not looking for proof that he has a NOC A, B or 0 job - they were looking for proof that YOU have a NOC A, B or 0 job.

If his original work permit has expired, he needs to stop working immediately and should apply to restore his status in Canada. Once you have a skilled job, he can apply for a new open work permit.

Jassdkaur

Oct 15, 2018
Thank you Scylla for the help,I have the job offer which comes in NOC B but the question is that i haven't received notification on my work permit. What should we do in that case,Should we immediately apply with my job letter or wait for my work permit but i am afraid that i have not received work permit more than 3 months.I dnt know how much time should i wait for it.

And another question that is it possible for him to work on his job after applying for work permit again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you Scylla for the help,I have the job offer which comes in NOC B but the question is that i haven't received notification on my work permit. What should we do in that case,Should we immediately apply with my job letter or wait for my work permit but i am afraid that i have not received work permit more than 3 months.I dnt know how much time should i wait for it.

And another question that is it possible for him to work on his job after applying for work permit again.
A job offer is not enough. You need to be actually working and have 3 payslips.

If you have that, he can apply now. As scylla stated, if his original work permit has expired, he needs to apply for Restoration.

If his original permit is expired, he is not allowed to work until he once again has a valid work permit.

Jassdkaur

Oct 15, 2018
Thank you so much.Yes I have last 5 months salary slips but again my question is that can I apply for work permit for my husband even if my work permit request has not been updated yet.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much.Yes I have last 5 months salary slips but again my question is that can I apply for work permit for my husband even if my work permit request has not been updated yet.
Yes, he can apply. Does he have status?

Jassdkaur

Oct 15, 2018
No he doesn't have valid status as we applied work permit on 30th June 2018 and tried to contact IR-CC lot of times but always told that be patient and now when the status is expired they send the refused result.Very confused what should be done as his previous work permit was granted on my student permit but now i also don't have any valid status expect for waiting for my work permit. So that's why i am asking can i apply just based on my job offer and pay slips.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No he doesn't have valid status as we applied work permit on 30th June 2018 and tried to contact IR-CC lot of times but always told that be patient and now when the status is expired they send the refused result.Very confused what should be done as his previous work permit was granted on my student permit but now i also don't have any valid status expect for waiting for my work permit. So that's why i am asking can i apply just based on my job offer and pay slips.
You have valid status. He needs to apply for Restoration. His app will not be processed until after your PGWP is processed.