+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Delay from USA

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Any one received Work Permit after March 18?
Currently its showing 11 Weeks processing time

Do you know if Bio metrics is pre-requisite to process application or it can be processed while we await Bio metrics centers to be open

Please paste here if any one received WP after March 18

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do you know if Bio metrics is pre-requisite to process application or it can be processed while we await Bio metrics centers to be open

Time are just estimates and may have not been adjusted after the lockdown.

HSKalsi

Jun 16, 2020
Hi Rohtak,

Looks like we both are sailing in the same boat.

In my case, i received the biometric validation by the consulate and i am still waiting for my work permit' approval.

Unfortunately, the opening of the US Canada border has been extended till next month july21.

Narik29

Jun 15, 2020

As per my knowledge..the process starts once after Biometrics are given..I m also on the same boat but applied on May still need to give Biometrics

Narik29

Jun 15, 2020
Hi Rohtak,

In my case, i received the biometric validation by the consulate and i am still waiting for my work permit' approval.

Unfortunately, the opening of the US Canada border has been extended till next month july21.
What kind of WP is it ICT? LIMA or EXEMPT from LIMA

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hi Rohtak,

Thanks for reply.
When did you apply your Work Permit and for which category ?
Regarding US-CAN border restrictions- Work Permit holders can still go to Canada from US. See below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html