+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit: COVID-19 program

leite13

Jan 23, 2020
I have applied for this "Work Permit: COVID-19 program delivery" and definitely worked.
- Work permit online application 15/05
- Fiiled up Webform 15/05
- Confirmation letter from immigration allow me to work for my new employer 25/05 .
I hope this information help the people who have new job offer.

Last edited:

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I have applied for this "Work Permit: COVID-19 program delivery" and definitely worked.
- Confirmation letter from immigration allow me to work for my new employer 25/05 .
Correct me if i am wrong.
It's only for inland & already work permit possessing applicants.

leite13

Jan 23, 2020
Correct me if i am wrong.
It's only for inland & already work permit possessing applicants.
You are right , requirements are:
- Have a valid work permit.
- Have new job offer with LMIA or not.
- Must apply online for a new work permit inland.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
I’m having hard time finding employer to renew work permit can anyone tell me which employer give job offer lmia exempt

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m having hard time finding employer to renew work permit can anyone tell me which employer give job offer lmia exempt
Unfortunately there's really no list of employer giving job offers supported by LMIAs. You just have to apply for jobs and hope you get lucky.

You should apply to change your status to visitor now so that you can remain in Canada as a visitor after your PGWP expires.

Reactions: leite13

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Has anyone applied for a co-op work permit in Jan 2020 and received their permit. Flagpoling is not an option right now. Can anyone suggest any other option as I have also received my offer letter as well?

Jun 19, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for a closed work permit after receiving positive LMIA. When I applied for work permit from India that time I was employed. So I submitted my letter of employment stating that I am currently working but after few days of work permit application submission, due to some reason, I have resigned from my current job. I got LMIA based on my past work experience, not because of my recent job that I just resigned. My work permit application is still in process.

Will that affect my work permit application?

Do I need to send my resignation letter to Canada High Commission India as an additional document with a reason?

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Jun 19, 2020
Unfortunately there's really no list of employer giving job offers supported by LMIAs. You just have to apply for jobs and hope you get lucky.

You should apply to change your status to visitor now so that you can remain in Canada as a visitor after your PGWP expires.
Hi Scylla,

I have applied for a closed work permit after receiving positive LMIA. When I applied for work permit from India that time I was employed. So I submitted my letter of employment stating that I am currently working but after few days of work permit application submission, due to some reason, I have resigned from my current job. I got LMIA based on my past work experience, not because of my recent job that I just resigned. My work permit application is still in process.

Do I need to send my resignation letter to Canada High Commission India as an additional document with a reason?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

No - this won't impact your work permit application. No - you do not need to send you resignation letter anywhere.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks much for the info. I'm on a closed work permit and currently my work permit is in extension. Will I be able to use this option to switch to a new employer?