+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit couple - Visitor visa for parents

humbled

Feb 27, 2023
Hi All,

I am on closed work permit and my spouse is on open work permit. We would like to invite our in-laws to Canada and is trying to apply for their visitor visa.

Considering that we are work permit holders,

-- are we allowed to issue invitation letters for our parents and mention that we will be funding their tickets, insurance and stay in Canada ?
-or
--should the parents fund their trip and insurance ?

Wanted to understand if folks on work permits have been able to sucessfully bring their parents and sponsor the expenses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I am on closed work permit and my spouse is on open work permit. We would like to invite our in-laws to Canada and is trying to apply for their visitor visa.

-- are we allowed to issue invitation letters for our parents and mention that we will be funding their tickets, insurance and stay in Canada ?
-or

Wanted to understand if folks on work permits have been able to sucessfully bring their parents and sponsor the expenses.
Yes you can write letter. Funding their visit is a red flag. They need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reasons to travel. If you were PR or citizen, you could apply for a super visa, and show NOA meeting LICO. You funding a visit shows that they cannot afford to come to Canada and IRCC may think they will not leave.

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi All,

-or

Hi Can you please update if you were successful in getting visitor visa for your parents?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Yes you can write letter. Funding their visit is a red flag. They need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reasons to travel. If you were PR or citizen, you could apply for a super visa, and show NOA meeting LICO. You funding a visit shows that they cannot afford to come to Canada and IRCC may think they will not leave.
I will like to make an inquiry about LMIA payment.. Is it the Employer who has to pay the $1000 or the Applicant “Employee”…?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Also, will the money be paid voluntarily paid from the Employer’s possession or it has to come from the Applicant “Employee”?