+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit (check), job (check), final determination interview (?), Travel (?)

gooseinc

Sep 6, 2012
Hi all,

I'm applying inland for family class sponsorship.
I received my work permit and have a job. I'm being asked to fly in for training in the US. My country is Brazil, so I'm not tourist visa exempt.
My final determination interview is in August, but my training in the US is in 2 months.
Though they say it is not good to leave because you might not be allowed back in, can I take advantage of the urgent processing option? or, will a letter from my workplace assuring I had to leave for this training suffice?
Hopefully you will be able to help!
Thanks,

Gooseinc

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no urgent processing option in your situation. I think you may be thinking of the PR card urgent processing. This is only available to those who are already PRs and only to those who are renewing their PR cards (not new permanent residents).

You should ask your company to postpone your training until after you have become a permanent resident. If you leave now, there is no guarantee you will be allowed back in. If you aren't allowed back in, this effectively cancels your PR application.

gooseinc

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks a lot!
Yeah, my interview was in July here in Calgary, but they just sent me a letter saying they rescheduled my interview to August. It is driving me insane for a series of reasons, like family member's wedding, plus the training. A whole host of issues.
But thanks again for the reply.... you're awesome!