+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit as a spouse

ridwanulkarim

May 26, 2015
Hello
I am an international student currently studying MBA in USA. My wife completed her studies in Canada (Toronto) and now found a job and in the process of applying for study permit. I am graduating in this December and want to shift to Canada. Right now i have visitor visa. But i also want to find a job and start working there. Can i get a work permit since my spouse has a work permit?

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ridwanulkarim said:
Hello
I am an international student currently studying MBA in USA. My wife completed her studies in Canada (Toronto) and now found a job and in the process of applying for study permit. I am graduating in this December and want to shift to Canada. Right now i have visitor visa. But i also want to find a job and start working there. Can i get a work permit since my spouse has a work permit?
If you are married then you are eligible to apply SOWP and you will get same duration of work permit as your wife. But why you want to move to Canada from USA. USA does not provide only health benefit otherwise USA is the best. Believe me. Good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ridwanulkarim said:
Hello
Hi

I'm assuming you mean she is in the process of applying for a PGWP. In order for you to qualify for an OWP based on her PGWP, she must be working in a NOC A, B or 0 job.

ridwanulkarim

May 26, 2015
Hiii said:
If you are married then you are eligible to apply SOWP and you will get same duration of work permit as your wife. But why you want to move to Canada from USA. USA does not provide only health benefit otherwise USA is the best. Believe me. Good luck.
Thank you for your kind reply. I have lot of my relatives and friends in toronto but in USA i have none.