+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Approved, what's next?

shrutikk7

Oct 30, 2020
Hi everyone, I just received a confirmation from my lawyers with an approved work permit but I am a little unclear on the next steps. Do I need to get any stamps done in my Passport via the VAC? I already have a tourist visa to Canada, can I use that to travel and get a work permit at the Port of Entry? My local VAC is closed.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi everyone, I just received a confirmation from my lawyers with an approved work permit but I am a little unclear on the next steps. Do I need to get any stamps done in my Passport via the VAC? I already have a tourist visa to Canada, can I use that to travel and get a work permit at the Port of Entry? My local VAC is closed.
Hi , you applied under which category??
Also can you share your application timeline plz?

thanks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Lawyer has no advice an such issues? Normally you can travel on any visa doesnt matter what it says on it, but now with travel restrictions dont know how that works at the airport, will the airline let you board with a visa that says visitor?
Also having an approved permit by itself does not exempt someone from travel restrictions, see the reply here