+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT APPROVED AFTER STRIKE STARTED. MEXICO APPLICANTS.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
Me and another friend applied for a work permit on April 15th through the VAC in Mexico City. However, we haven't gotten an answer from the Embassy yet, tough it has been more than THREE MONTHS... they just mentioned that work visas are the most affected by the strike. My question is, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A WORK PERMIT APPROVAL/TVR through the mexico city office in the last two months??? PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE'RE DESPERATE!!

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
I am the friend.

I am afraid of losing my job over there if I don't get the work permit on time.

Anyone, please?

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
marianasanroman said:
Me and another friend applied for a work permit on April 15th through the VAC in Mexico City. However, we haven't gotten an answer from the Embassy yet, tough it has been more than THREE MONTHS... they just mentioned that work visas are the most affected by the strike. My question is, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A WORK PERMIT APPROVAL/TVR through the mexico city office in the last two months??? PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE'RE DESPERATE!!
My friend got his visa on July 1th but he did not applied through the VAC. I applied through the VAC since may 6th and I haven´t received my visa yet. This is like shit!!! I am starting to doubt the VAC. Even more, how to they probe me that my documents are with the embassy? They do not probe that! I repeat, this smell like a shit!. We must join to send a letter to the visa minister in Canada.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
cardenasm77 said:
My friend got his visa on July 1th but he did not applied through the VAC. I applied through the VAC since may 6th and I haven´t received my visa yet. This is like *censored word*!!! I am starting to doubt the VAC. Even more, how to they probe me that my documents are with the embassy? They do not probe that! I repeat, this smell like a *censored word*!. We must join to send a letter to the visa minister in Canada.
Which VAC office did you apply?
It totally stinks!! My bf has been waiting 5 weeks for an answer for a visitor visa. Notmally takes 14 days. I'm thinking all applications are just collecting dust on a shelf somewhere!

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
tweetybird said:
Which VAC office did you apply?
It totally stinks!! My bf has been waiting 5 weeks for an answer for a visitor visa. Notmally takes 14 days. I'm thinking all applications are just collecting dust on a shelf somewhere!
This is the adress from Mexico. I will call them with rigurous words!

Centro de Solicitud de Visas – Ciudad de México
Paseo de la Reforma 350,
Torre del Angel, Piso 18
Colonia Juárez, Cuauhtemoc
México D.F., México
C.P. 06600
Horario de Atención: 9:00 a.m. a 6:00 p.m., lunes a viernes
Número de Teléfono: (55) 4780-5200
Dirección de correo electrónico: VACSupport@CICMEX.com.mx

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
from what i heard, visitor/student visas are getting priority. Totally makes sense because if they have to choose between bringing immigrants to work and getting people to spend their money in Canada... well.. we go last. I called the VAC last friday and they were like "oh we'll ask the officer why is your application taking so long, but we cant promise we'll get an answer" like WTF? no matter what we do, we are not guaranteed to get an explanation... my question was, if people are getting work visas, then, we'll eventually get it, but i need to know if people are getting them at all.... its just a matter of time. SUCKS FOR US.

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
marianasanroman said:
from what i heard, visitor/student visas are getting priority. Totally makes sense because if they have to choose between bringing immigrants to work and getting people to spend their money in Canada... well.. we go last. I called the VAC last friday and they were like "oh we'll ask the officer why is your application taking so long, but we cant promise we'll get an answer" like WTF? no matter what we do, we are not guaranteed to get an explanation... my question was, if people are getting work visas, then, we'll eventually get it, but i need to know if people are getting them at all.... its just a matter of time. SUCKS FOR US.
you are right. We must wait. I will preserve my actual job.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
marianasanroman said:
I don't know about visitor visas being their priority. I received the same email responce. "We will contact the embassy and as soon as we know we will contact you". Grrrrrrrrr. Waiting over 5 weeks for a visitors visa!!!

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
tweetybird said:
I don't know about visitor visas being their priority. I received the same email responce. "We will contact the embassy and as soon as we know we will contact you". Grrrrrrrrr. Waiting over 5 weeks for a visitors visa!!!
OK THANK YOU I WILL STAY IN TOUCH TOO.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
my bf's passport in the DHL envelope is finally being returned tomorrow. I pray it has his visa!!!! Omg 5 weeks later and many emails to the VAC (they stopped responding to my emails)
fingers crossed

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
thank you!
it's coming from the Guadalajara VAC office. So basically mexico is taking approx 5.5 weeks for tourist visas.

I just hope they didn't get pissed off and are sending the application back not even approved because we emailed them too much! haha.

I always say,"a squeeky wheel gets the grease"

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
i was getting my hopes up with this binding arbitration thing... unfortunately, PAFSO didn't agree to the conditions set by the government.. so the strike will continue :(
and still no news about our visas...

cardenasm77

Jul 10, 2013
tweetybird said:
thank you!
it's coming from the Guadalajara VAC office. So basically mexico is taking approx 5.5 weeks for tourist visas.

I just hope they didn't get pissed off and are sending the application back not even approved because we emailed them too much! haha.

I always say,"a squeeky wheel gets the grease"
Tweety, the visa is sent directly form the embassy. VAC office is just an intermediate. DHL returned tracks are sent directly from the embassy not through the embassy-VAC-you way. The way is direct embassy-you. Make sure that your documents were sent directly from the embassy not from the VAC.