+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approval

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless they have changed the rule recently, IRCC was issuing a work permit before the second interview. Below is the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/refugee-work-permits.html
You only applied at the end of September so it’s been almost 2 months. Most have waited longer than 2 months even with the next motion. The asylum process is long and given the current volume of applicants many are going to wait a long time for everything. Sadly the government has decided it is better to people die in tents than to go back to the old TRV requirements which made it much harder to come to Canada.

kyuubi

Nov 17, 2023
You only applied at the end of September so it’s been almost 2 months. Most have waited longer than 2 months even with the next motion. The asylum process is long and given the current volume of applicants many are going to wait a long time for everything. Sadly the government has decided it is better to people die in tents than to go back to the old TRV requirements which made it much harder to come to Canada.
I submitted my BOC on the August 3, But I understand what you're saying. Hopefully the process will get faster for everyone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I submitted my BOC on the August 3, But I understand what you're saying. Hopefully the process will get faster for everyone
Given the amount of people applying all processing will likely get slower and people may have to wait for hearingsfor over 2+ years again