+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approval letter + visitor TRV, sufficient to travel?

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
Hi folks,

I recently got a letter of approval for my work permit application. My timeline is as follows:

Applied from: USA
Citizenship: India
Type: ICT GSS
Applied: Mar 19
Biometrics: Already done for a previous TRV
RFE: Got request to prove status in US on Oct 1 which I sent same day
Approval: Oct 8

However, I did not receive request for passport. My approval letter instead says "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) ( ), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires". Is this because I already have visitor TRV. Is that sufficient to travel to Canada for work?

Thanks!

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
Thanks @rajb239, that is helpful to know.

I am planning to travel end of this week. Are you already in Canada? Did your lawyers provide you any written confirmation to be able to travel? Thanks!

Last edited:

rajb239

Jul 17, 2020
I also have a visitor visa and IRCC gave me a POE letter to show at POE where they will print my closed WP. I called the lawyer and he verified and informed me in the email I am good to go. Let's connect. I am in India now and planning to go next month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need a current letter from your employer stating that you still have a job because many jobs have been eliminated due to covid.

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
I also have a visitor visa and IRCC gave me a POE letter to show at POE where they will print my closed WP. I called the lawyer and he verified and informed me in the email I am good to go. Let's connect. I am in India now and planning to go next month.
Hey, please confirm if you were able to travel with POE letter. Also do you know if spouse with Poe letter for open work permit can travel without travel authorization