+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit & apply visitor visa for parents

kapilraval82

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
I m on work permit i want to call my parents on visitor visa my income is not sufficient to sponsor my parents so i requested one of my cousin to sponsor my parents(he is well established in Canada). My parents have very strong ties in India.

Can an officer think that why son is not sponcering?
Do my parents need to give clear reason we will meet me and my cousin too?

Plz. advise

canadarockie

Mar 13, 2010
anyone can give the invitation for visit visa.. not necessarily children.. and if your cousin is giving the invitation then they dont need to mention your name at all.. your parents would be goign to canada to visit your cousin

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadarockie said:
anyone can give the invitation for visit visa.. not necessarily children.. and if your cousin is giving the invitation then they dont need to mention your name at all.. your parents would be goign to canada to visit your cousin
I totally disagree that the cousin not need to put the son's name down. This is one of the reasons why my parents got denied in applying for a TRV the first time when one of my aunts invited them here for a visit. We(as their daughter, permanent resident) were moving at that time so my parents didn't put my name down in the application coz they don't know our address. But of course they see my name as connected to my father's and the visa officer asked 'why? is she in some kind of trouble?' My parents told them the reason but the visa officer said it was a huge mistake not to include my name whereas our other relatives were included...

I

iarblue

The application form contains instructions. Read the instructions and be sure to provide the required documents. If you do not provide all the requested information or documents, your application may be delayed.

You can use the same application form for your spouse or common-law partner, and for dependent children under 18 if they will be travelling with you.

All required documents must be included with your application:

•You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application.
•Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
•Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
•You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
•You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.
4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).

Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them.

5. Mail the application form and necessary documents.
When you have completed the application form, make sure you sign and date it, and that all required documents and fees are included in the envelope. In most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars. You must send your application to the Canadian visa office in the country or region where you live. Check the guide in your application package for instructions.

Processing time
How long it takes to process your application varies depending on the visa office where you applied. You can find out more about application processing times in the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

An interview with a visa officer
You may need to go for an interview with a visa officer. See more information about an interview in After Applying on the right-hand side of this page.

A medical examination
You might need a medical examination to be allowed to enter Canada. If you do, a Canadian immigration officer will tell you and will send you instructions about what to do. A medical examination can add more than three months to the processing time of your application. You can find more information on medical examinations in the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

Using a representative
You do not need a representative to help you apply to visit or immigrate to Canada. Whether you use a representative is a personal choice. Find out more about using a representative.