+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

kattacanada

Feb 10, 2014
@Shku_2704,

I sent my passport on 14th Feb (Friday) by USPS. Since yesterday consulate was closed, today morning pp was delivered to NYC. I think there is no exact time and it varies case to case. Donot worry you will get your passport soon..... :)

Thank you,

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Guys,

do we have updates on applications in December or did approvals stop again?

How do I send an inquiry to the consulate? Is it through the online account or through google mail/yahoo? The thing is that in my online account the email of my consultant is listed. Will i see consulate's reply in the online account or will the reply be sent to my consultant's email?

Thanks,

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jas_dhillon90,
Try sending a query with your application no. through your personnel account.
They do revert.
jas_dhillon90 said:
Guys,

do we have updates on applications in December or did approvals stop again?

How do I send an inquiry to the consulate? Is it through the online account or through google mail/yahoo? The thing is that in my online account the email of my consultant is listed. Will i see consulate's reply in the online account or will the reply be sent to my consultant's email?

Thanks,

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Shku_2704,

As Lakshmi said its case by case for the passport stamping. You should receive it by this week 14 days is the maximum. Forum members who have their visa stamped earlier can throw some hope of timeline here.

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
That's why I am frastrating in waiting, you don't know what gonna happen, they font follow what you think about

TTMissu

Feb 18, 2014
Having been browsing the forum for several months as a guest. I just register to let people know my case.

My application was filed on December 4, 2013, via CIC. Received an email requesting passport today.

My wife applied for open work permit and also received the email this afternoon.

It takes about two and a half months.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
TTMissu said:
Having been browsing the forum for several months as a guest. I just register to let people know my case.

My application was filed on December 4, 2013, via CIC. Received an email requesting passport today.

My wife applied for open work permit and also received the email this afternoon.

It takes about two and a half months.
Can you please update the forum with some more info? Like LMO based or not required, NOC category, job offered, current country residence etc etc.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
ict1canada said:
Good news folks. Happy to see they are keeping the 4 months timeline.

Here is the reply I just recd. this morning.

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on October 4, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA
As per this reply from NYC, it is supposed to be close to the last week of Oct, I guess sometime soon.

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Veer could you please give yours? We might have the same.case. send me.private message if you are uncomfortable sharing in public. Thanks

veer2012 said:
Can you please update the forum with some more info? Like LMO based or not required, NOC category, job offered, current country residence etc etc.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Veer 2012,
I can understand what it feels like during the waiting period. NYC was clearing almost 1months application in 1-2 weeks. again it also dependents on the backlog. You should be getting the email anytime..
According to me Application with LMO and ICT both were getting approvals just few days apart.
All the best.
Anybody who has sent recent case specific enquiry to NYC please update so it helps everyone who is waiting.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
jas_dhillon90 said:
Veer could you please give yours? We might have the same.case. send me.private message if you are uncomfortable sharing in public. Thanks
It's there on the left hand side. Also ICT1, can u please email me or post the email address to send the query? I sent to NYC office general counsel on Friday, no reply yet.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Veer 2012,
NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca is the email id I send my queries. Please mention your application no. your name and date of birth.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
ict1canada said:
Hi Veer 2012,
NewYork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca is the email id I send my queries. Please mention your application no. your name and date of birth.
I just sent an email, lets hope they reply soon. I did send an email to the above email address on 14th Feb, but didn't receive any reply yet.

Forums.173

Nov 26, 2013
Congratulations!!! to all who received approvals/PP request.
Any one got PP return back? Please update.
Hope NYC Emb should not take time like application processing.

all the very best to all.