+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
Hello ak187
Currently it is taking around 3 months and 7 days to get your request for passport to be stamped and then another 7 days for passport to get back to you. So if you submitted your application online to NYC center on October 15th I wont make any plans till Jan 30th 2014.
Sam,

Any updates on online application Status.

I havent heard any word from my attorneys reg my application.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
Hello ak187
Currently it is taking around 3 months and 7 days to get your request for passport to be stamped and then another 7 days for passport to get back to you. So if you submitted your application online to NYC center on October 15th I wont make any plans till Jan 30th 2014.
Guys,

Great News.

I have recievd my approval and request for passport to be sent to the consulate.

Can anypne please guide me on the process.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Dear All,
A great news,

JUST NOW, I got letter asking for passport,
I applied on 01 AUG2013, Online for Work Permit,

submit passport at following address,

EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

Thanks to this forum for great support,

any one moving , moved to SK pls let me know,

thanks
Hello Scorpion,

I received approval for my visa application. Can you please guide me with the process of sending the passport to the consulate. Thanks.

Your help would be much appreciated

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
rajthilakICT said:
Hello Scorpion,

I received approval for my visa application. Can you please guide me with the process of sending the passport to the consulate. Thanks.

Your help would be much appreciated
Congrats Raj,
Hope you get your passport back in time.

@Scorpio:
Please share the process of sending the passport and current time line.

I guess you sent you passport last wednesday or Thursday. Do let us when you get you passport back. I am asking since I am very close to my deadline here in US and must move to Canada by 25th of this month.

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with the email address for queries on an online application submitted to New York.

Thanks

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Hotpat73 said:
Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with the email address for queries on an online application submitted to New York.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp

Enquiries General: NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Case specific: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new york

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Thank you

rajthilakICT said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp

Enquiries General: NewYork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Case specific: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new york

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hello RAJtilak ICT,

you just need to send your passports with the letter you got,
with return , paid envelop
both with tracking number,

Thanks

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
RajTilak,

IF its urgent for you,
send the mail by express mail , also the return envelop with your address express mail,
both with tracking number,

THanks

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Hello Raj,
I got response from my HR saying.

We received a response this morning stating that the visa office was awaiting responses from agency partners

I do not have any idea what it means. Any one knows what it means?

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Guys ,

Just came across this forum. My company's HR had also applied ICT for me on Aug 21st and it has been a long waiting game .

Now i am getting concerned as my legal status in US is valid until Dec15th . Any idea of application processing time as of now.
I saw above that for Aug 1st some people have already received approval.

Any more guys received whose application was filed later on ?

thanks

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Shku_2704 said:
Hi Guys ,

Just came across this forum. My company's HR had also applied ICT for me on Aug 21st and it has been a long waiting game .

Now i am getting concerned as my legal status in US is valid until Dec15th . Any idea of application processing time as of now.

thanks
I am in the same boat. I think you should be ok. You have plenty of time. You should get your paper work by end of this month of early next month if the current pace of work continues.

Mine was filed on August 8th. 2 members who both applied on August 1st here got their paper work back last week on Wednesday and then This week on Monday. So at this rate I should be able to get my paper work back by tomorrow God willing or by coming Monday. You will hopefully have good 15 days to get your passport sent via mail and get it back in your hand in time to make your plans. I am more squeezed for time then you.

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Shku_2704 said:
Hi Guys ,

thanks
Send a Query regarding your application along with your application number to this email

They will let you know currently for what date are they processing the applications for.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
just a fyi: the visa we get in our passports (non-US citizen here) is one that grants us entry into Canada (temporary resident visa) and is not the actual work permit. the work permit (which is a colorful piece of paper) will be issued at the border and will be stabled to the passport.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
Send a Query regarding your application along with your application number to this email

They will let you know currently for what date are they processing the applications for.

Thanks Sam , will check with my immigration department
Wish you best of luck and hope you get response soon ! I am just guessing as someone said to me in the past that agency partners may be Border Protection forces who screens on arrival at airport etc. From what i heard they will also need to be informed right ?