+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks for confirming.....

I didnt get your question .... I am not US citizen

I think W1 is the type of work permit we have recvd

darxider said:
tech.next315, do you know that these W1 visas in our passports are the temporary resident visas we are supposed to get from the embassy? (are you a US citizen?)

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Thanks for confirming.....

I didnt get your question .... I am not US citizen

I think W1 is the type of work permit we have recvd
i am not a US citizen either, but i've heard/read online that the actual work permit will be given to us at the border (which made me think that the visa we have stamped in our passports is actually a temporary resident visa so that we can enter Canada).

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
That might be true...

can anyone on the forum confirm that, someone who has already entered canada

darxider said:
i am not a US citizen either, but i've heard/read online that the actual work permit will be given to us at the border (which made me think that the visa we have stamped in our passports is actually a temporary resident visa so that we can enter Canada).

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
That is a strange response from them. If they are already processing application received by 1st of August ...... Why would they say they are still processing applications received @ 25th July as of 30th October 2013.
The response i received today for a query i sent on Oct 31st.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 26, 2013

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
I have put in a Query. My application for intra office transfer was submitted online on 8th of August. Still waiting for reply.

Please keep sharing whenever any one gets a reply from Canadian consulate on their application.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
I have put in a Query. My application for intra office transfer was submitted online on 8th of August. Still waiting for reply.

Please keep sharing whenever any one gets a reply from Canadian consulate on their application.
Tech(application date-july 23rd) got his WP approved on OCt 25th. Today is Nov 4th and only 3 days applications have moved.

So strange.. they are moving so slow...

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Dear All,

I got the reply for WP applied online...

""""""Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 28, 2013"""""

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Thanksfor the update Scorpion.

I got the same response for my query today.

My application was filed on Aug 1st. When was your application filed

scorpion181181 said:
Dear All,

I got the reply for WP applied online...

""""""Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 28, 2013"""""

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Thanks for the update scorpion

@rajthilakICT
Your application was filed exactly 7 days before mine. Do let me know if you get your reply from consulate by end of this week or if it gets pushed until early next week. This information is very critical for me to plan my move to Canada.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Sam,

The latest info i received from my attorneys today is that they got approval for an application filed on July 5th recently and it might take another 4 weeks of processing time for my application. So i am not sure which one is right. Either the info here or the one from my attorneys.
I am eagerly awaiting the status when it says finalizing applications as of Aug 1st...
I will surely keep you posted.

where are you based @ in USA?

SamCanada2013 said:
Thanks for the update scorpion

@ rajthilakICT
Your application was filed exactly 7 days before mine. Do let me know if you get your reply from consulate by end of this week or if it gets pushed until early next week. This information is very critical for me to plan my move to Canada.

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
@rajthilakICT
Yes I am based in US. I am not sure why your attorney only received approval for some one around july 5th. Why is he saying another 4 weeks since we are so closed to 1st of August now. You should be able to get approval by early next week.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Thanks Sam.

I will keep you posted. Also please let us know the status once ypu get a reply from the consulate tomorrow

SamCanada2013 said:
@ rajthilakICT
Yes I am based in US. I am not sure why your attorney only received approval for some one around july 5th. Why is he saying another 4 weeks since we are so closed to 1st of August now. You should be able to get approval by early next week.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
@ rajthilakICT
Sam, any updates for your query from the consulate???

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
@ RathilakICT,

I have applied around 01/02 AUG2013 - Online for WP.
I am in USA and applied at NY office,

let me know if you get any update,
I am planning to move to SK , where I got the job,
is there any one planning to move this state ??
we can share some info and help each other,

Thanks in advance,

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
@rajthilakICT

My HR department sent query on my behalf yesterday but they have not received any thing back from them yet.

I will notify here once I get a response.

I applied online on 8th of August and I am based here in New York and I am planning to move to Toronto once I get approval for my work permit.

Any one else moving to Toronto in near future?